Question Moving OS drive over to another identical PC?

Feb 17, 2019
Aight im not gonna share the long complex backstory im just gonna ask the simple question. I have 2 identical computers. Would it be possible to just swap the hdd without doing anything else? would this cause and trouble or problems in the future.

Feb 17, 2019
If they are identical, sure', the only problem could be if your windows are OEM edition whose license is tied with MB. Might have to call MS and ask them to transfer license because you had to swap motherboards.
Ummmm.... alright? what do you mean by swap motherboards? Why would i need to swap motherboards? can't i just swap my Hdd and that would be it?

USAFRet

Titan
This is a 100% maybe.
More details needed.

What OS?
What is on these drives?
If they are identical systems, Why?

The 'motherboard swap' mentioned above is because you are actually changing motherboards. HDD A is now talking to Motherboard B.
Licensing issues may appear.

Details, please.

Ummmm.... alright? what do you mean by swap motherboards? Why would i need to swap motherboards? can't i just swap my Hdd and that would be it?
As motherboard is only part windows license is based on, you are actually just swapping motherboards as far as MS is concerned and that's one of rare situations MS would transfer license, repair of computer by swapping bad MB with a good one.