Changing Inspiron 3668 case

Oct 25, 2018
Hi,

I would like to know if it's possible for me to swap my Inspiron's case to a much bigger case so that i can upgrade its psu without putting it outside. If you could, please suggest pc cases compatible for my pc

I've done a bit of research about moving dell pc parts to other case but i was scared to know that it can cause your pc to not boot.

I'm asking for advice of what to do. Thanks in advance!

Solution
I did a little research and found your motherboard to be the Inspiron 3668 7KY25. After looking through pictures it's obvious that the board is a proprietary creation by Dell. However, it does look like there may (or may not be) mounting points on the board that could line up with a standard ATX case.

The answer here is "maybe" as there is little information pointing to whether or not the board follows the ATX standards. I found one listing on eBay describing it as an ATX board but eBay is not too trustworthy of a source for information.

As far as it not booting, that is a possibility but, perhaps, not likely. If you decide to move it over to another case (and it fits) then do so carefully and in a coordinated manner. Make sure...

Jwpanz

Honorable
I did a little research and found your motherboard to be the Inspiron 3668 7KY25. After looking through pictures it's obvious that the board is a proprietary creation by Dell. However, it does look like there may (or may not be) mounting points on the board that could line up with a standard ATX case.

The answer here is "maybe" as there is little information pointing to whether or not the board follows the ATX standards. I found one listing on eBay describing it as an ATX board but eBay is not too trustworthy of a source for information.

As far as it not booting, that is a possibility but, perhaps, not likely. If you decide to move it over to another case (and it fits) then do so carefully and in a coordinated manner. Make sure everything is connected properly. Again, this is assuming the mounting points, or some of them, actually line up.

Solution
Oct 25, 2018

Hello

Thanks for the answer, my only problem now is the case. What kind of case should i buy? Is there a specific type i need? Could you suggest me some pc cases that are big enough?

Sorry for the questions but i really need to have this pc upgraded because im not satisfied with it. I should've returned it when i have the chance.