Question Changing kit. Is this one good ? (Ryzen 2700 + MSI X470 Gaming pro)

Henry97

Reputable
May 9, 2016
So I'm planning to exchange my memory kit:

Current is G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3000MHz CL16 @ 2933Mhz
-F4-3000C16D-16GTZR

for

HyperX Predator DDR4 RGB 16GB (Kit 2x8GB), 3200MHz CL16 for 107€
https://www.amazon.de/Predator-HX43...tor+rgb+16+gb&qid=1560183438&s=gateway&sr=8-1

I'm doing this because I'm building a second computer with a 6600k and since the trident z aren't in my qvl list I'm getting the new kit for the ryzen instead of the intel.
I just hope to have similar performance.

Is this kit a good choice or is there a better alternative for a few more bucks?
I'm finding it extremely cheap :/ compared to others... is there any performance/general issues with this kit?

Thanks!

edit: added cost

Should be fine. Kingston makes good memory. I think they are one of the few whom actually manufacture memory.

If you're losing any money in the deal. I'd give your current memory a shot first. It could function at full speed via XMP. In which case the performance difference of 3000 and 3200 memory is neglible on Ryzen.

Reactions: Henry97

Henry97

Reputable
May 9, 2016
Should be fine. Kingston makes good memory. I think they are one of the few whom actually manufacture memory.

If you're losing any money in the deal. I'd give your current memory a shot first. It could function at full speed via XMP. In which case the performance difference of 3000 and 3200 memory is neglible on Ryzen.

Thx for the answer!

I've tried it and only was able to get something below 3000. I've settled in the 2933MHz using that " memory try it " setting where you just have to look for the freq/timings and sets everything automatically. (It's like xmp but with some extra profiles from msi)

I'll try with different profiles later, since I don't have the desktop now, but I'll probably end up buying the new ram since I'll need new sticks anyway :p

Thx for the help again