Question Changing language within Whatsapp

anken

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2007
Hi,
I have installed Whatsapp on my Galaxy s7 and would like to have some more information concerning the change of language. I would like to change the language to German and also keep the English language. Is this possible?
Currently, when I text with Whatsapp to my relatives in German, the app. corrects me and the result incoherent.

In order to change the language, I opened the app. Icon, went to settings then to “chats” .From there the various possible languages are supposed to show but I am only getting "Media Visibility, Font Size, Wallpaper, Chat History, and Chat Backup".
I have uninstalled and reinstalled Whatsapp but nothing has changed.
Does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help.

anken

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2007
Thank you so much for your reply.
I was actually hoping that could change the language only for Whatsapp. This is the app that all of our german relatives and friends are using. Other than that I'm using Textra which I like very much and also don't want to change the language for the rest of my Galaxy.
Too bad....I guess that I have to try to make the text in Whatsapp readable somehow. Again, thank you for your help.

anken

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2007
Just a quick update... I have finally figured out how to change the language. Have written several texts and at this point, it's still learning the new language but it's working well. With Whatsapp, I can send pics, videos, audios, emojies and gifs internationally without any extra cost. It's great and I'm very happy.