[SOLVED] Changing mobo from AsRock A320M-DGS to Msi B450 Mortar

Feb 27, 2019
Hi. I want to change my mobo from as-rock a320m-dgs to msi b450 mortar without changing the processor. Im using amd ryzen 3 2200g. Do i need to reinstall window or it will be just fine?

Solution
What about all my data that i save in hdd? Will it lost or it will stay there if i use the same hdd?
Im new to all of this.. Btw thank for the advice
Well your going to have to format the drive to do a clean install of Windows so if you have important files then use a backup or transfer them to another drive. If there games from Steam/Origin/Blizzard/etc then there fine to delete as they can be redownloaded, saves should be on some sort of cloud service for each client.
Feb 27, 2019
You need to reinstall Windows and the drivers for the motherboard/CPU/GPU (or iGPU).

If you don't reinstall Windows it might boot but your going to run into performance issues.
What about all my data that i save in hdd? Will it lost or it will stay there if i use the same hdd?

WildCard999

Titan
Well your going to have to format the drive to do a clean install of Windows so if you have important files then use a backup or transfer them to another drive. If there games from Steam/Origin/Blizzard/etc then there fine to delete as they can be redownloaded, saves should be on some sort of cloud service for each client.

Solution