[SOLVED] changing mother motherboards brand will it affect anything

Jun 23, 2021
i have a question if i change my motherboard brand will it affect anything or will i have to do some adjustments

Solution
i am changing from a asrock A320M-hdv to a aorus b450 Pro and i am changing my processor to from a ryzen 3 3100 to a ryzen 7 3700x with the motherboard and i got a gtx 1050 ti with 16gb ram 3000mhz a 500gb 970 evo plus and a 1 tb hard drive
You probably could just swap the drive, memory and GPU into the new system with new motherboard and CPU then proceed to a good boot-up, then follow up with a 'repair install' to fix up inconsistencies. Be sure to do a CMOS reset first and install chipset drivers after.

But with that significant of a hardware change you really should just plan on a fresh install of the OS and get everything 'new', not just 'kinda new'.
Jun 23, 2021
Explain exactly what you are doing: what specific motherboard are you changing from? which are you changing too?

What are the rest of your system specs? CPU, GPU, memory, PSU, case in particular and are ANY of them being changed too?
i am changing from a asrock A320M-hdv to a aorus b450 Pro and i am changing my processor to from a ryzen 3 3100 to a ryzen 7 3700x with the motherboard and i got a gtx 1050 ti with 16gb ram 3000mhz a 500gb 970 evo plus and a 1 tb hard drive

Jun 23, 2021
Explain exactly what you are doing: what specific motherboard are you changing from? which are you changing too?

What are the rest of your system specs? CPU, GPU, memory, PSU, case in particular and are ANY of them being changed too?
And I haven’t changed any of my parts these are the first that ill be changing i just added the evo plus ssd

You probably could just swap the drive, memory and GPU into the new system with new motherboard and CPU then proceed to a good boot-up, then follow up with a 'repair install' to fix up inconsistencies. Be sure to do a CMOS reset first and install chipset drivers after.

But with that significant of a hardware change you really should just plan on a fresh install of the OS and get everything 'new', not just 'kinda new'.

Solution
Jun 23, 2021

So all id have to do is download windows 10 on a flashdrive and boot my pc up with the flash drive

USAFRet

Titan
So all id have to do is download windows 10 on a flashdrive and boot my pc up with the flash drive

For the OS activation, read and do this before you change any parts:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change