[SOLVED] Changing motherboard and cpu

jasiekk913

Prominent
Jan 14, 2019
Hi Guys!

I have ordered some parts for my computer, and in two days im going to make it. Now on my ssd i have win 10 (now i have AMD fx6300, and shit motherboard) and after making computer, should i install new system on same ssd? (New computer is 9900k,msi z390 ace...)
And how should i install drivers (i wasnt installing it before, so please be nice to me ;))

Regards,
jasiekk913

Solution
I would do a clean Windows 10 install on the SSD once it's in your new machine.

Also...when you go to do the clean install.....ONLY have the SSD connected. Don't connect any other drives until Windows is installed and running well. Then shut down and add the other drives (if you have other drives).

Once Windows is installed....the drivers you will probably want to install are the GPU driver (if you have one) and the motherboard drivers (these I would get from the MB website).
I would do a clean Windows 10 install on the SSD once it's in your new machine.

Also...when you go to do the clean install.....ONLY have the SSD connected. Don't connect any other drives until Windows is installed and running well. Then shut down and add the other drives (if you have other drives).

Once Windows is installed....the drivers you will probably want to install are the GPU driver (if you have one) and the motherboard drivers (these I would get from the MB website).

Solution