Changing new motherboard does affect windows 8 or not?

sonyzz

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013
so the question is do i need format my hdd with windows 8 if i connect it to another motherboard like: now i have asrock motherboard and i will change it to asus motherboard so when i connect it to asus motherboard it will work the same like it did on asrock or i need to format my hdd, cuz my friend is telling me that i wont need it like old windows xp required, so im confused now :??:

Keith09360

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
There are times when IF you change the mother board or rather Replace the motherboard with an Identical Mother Board, you can get away without having to do a re-install of windows. That said, It is always a good idea to do a format and clean install of all software including windows.

I did have a situation when a Motherboard got fried, I replaced it with the same board and there were no issues at all, it was like nothing had happened.

When we say the "F" word (format) people shudder, they worry about Data and file loss... simple... NEVER save ANY files to C Drive, get another internal drive or an external drive and save to them..

But yes to answer the question... Full Format and Clean Installation of ALL software is best practice.