Question changing PDF margin and lower the page

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
hi , i have some PDF each around 250-300 page that i would like to print on A4 size.
this PDF page scan is small and there is a lot of margin on each side... unfortunately TOP side is lowest margin and bottom is highest..
up to this point, i used adobe reader and change scale to 127% and as results , i loss some of my top border , though i have 5-6 Cm left on bottom, 2 cm on right and 3 of left...
its the same on all pages. so i would like to fix this but i dont know how. i want to lower whole page so that i dont loss anything and maby then i am able to magnify even more... maby 140%.

is there any other application? what should I do?

thanks in advance

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
i
Clarify:

"unfortunately TOP side is lowest margin and bottom is highest.. "

What .pdf files are you trying to print?

Source? Links? Examples?

You may not be able to change the margins without having full editing rights.

its scanned page of some rare book....
so i guess its image?
if we call it an image, then this image is not on center of page and margins are not equal...

i have editing rights ... i guess

Ralston18

Titan
What are you using to scan the pages: hardware (scanner and printer) and software?

Adobe Reader is limited in what it can do.

When the scanned pages are saved what is the filename extension? Appears to be .pdf if I follow correctly.

Does the software permit you to select an extension?

Most likely getting the scanned image centered on the page will be an combination of configuration settings between the physical scanner, the application, and the printer being used to print out the scanned pages.

Some scanning software will automatically detect page edges and use that information to layout some preview that you can adjust thereafter to set margins etc..

Probably some default values are in place and you will need to change the values to center things.

But still require re-adjustment if the subject books have different sized pages.

And do be sure to verify that you have the necessary rights to copy and produce/re-produce the books. Otherwise you could find yourself in serious trouble for copyright violations.

Reactions: .valkyrie.

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
What are you using to scan the pages: hardware (scanner and printer) and software?

Adobe Reader is limited in what it can do.

When the scanned pages are saved what is the filename extension? Appears to be .pdf if I follow correctly.

Does the software permit you to select an extension?

Most likely getting the scanned image centered on the page will be an combination of configuration settings between the physical scanner, the application, and the printer being used to print out the scanned pages.

Some scanning software will automatically detect page edges and use that information to layout some preview that you can adjust thereafter to set margins etc..

Probably some default values are in place and you will need to change the values to center things.

But still require re-adjustment if the subject books have different sized pages.

And do be sure to verify that you have the necessary rights to copy and produce/re-produce the books. Otherwise you could find yourself in serious trouble for copyright violations.
thats from hardware scanner....
and the rest i didnt follow.

so what application can do better compare to adobe reader?

ps: yea i know , but its no problem for this book

Ralston18

Titan
FYI:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/print-horizontal-or-vertical-pages.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/scale-or-resize-printed-pages.html

You will need to experiment a bit to determine what works. Could be some combination of things.

Configure, test, change only one thing at a time. Keep notes.

Once you have one page centered and printing as required then the remaining pages should be the same as they are scanned and printed.

When you scan the book pages the scanning software should provide some filename. Either a default name with a sequence number of some sort.

ScanPage001.pdf with the file name being ScanPage001 and the file extension being .pdf.

Each page being automatically sequenced 001, 002, 003, etc.. Depends on software and end user choices being configured in lieu of default values.

Reactions: .valkyrie.