Changing Personalization/background/theme settings in 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like many of you, I have been very hesitant to upgrade my pc's: I don't have a smart phone etc. so am Not used to nor, from limited experience, familiar with the use of 'tiles' and 'Apps' (looks like everything in W10 is called an 'App') and having suffered through ME and Vista etc. I just didn't want any big hassles. BUT, I can sacrifice my laptop, especially since I upgraded my classroom PC.
So yesterday I installed 10 on the laptop. It appears to work very well, even though it seems, and is, intrusive (privacy concerns) and for me a long learning curve to figure out how all the new 'apps' (old redesigned programs and UI) work.
Here's the problem:
I have read through this tutorial (plus many other posts and articles):
http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2569547/change-deskt...
I want/need to change the timing of the background pictures/theme and the colors of the window from the stock (forced upon me) settings, but the display does NOT show the controls in the bottom of the personalization area as they are shown in that tutorial (They were there in W7 and Vista, and in the tutorial above made in March). I have tried different resolutions (none smaller available, currently at 1366x768, native), and only two font/display/text sizes I could find of 100% and 125%: The needed controls still don't show up.
The laptop is an ASUS G50VT - 5. Stock except for a 500GB Hybrid drive.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Solution
Found it: (different that what is depicted in your link)
Personalize
Background
Slideshow
then there is a dropdown for timing

zdWOVxI.jpg

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2569547/change-desktop-background-windows.html
Tried the link again from within W10 forum and it should work:The tutorial is still up.
USAFRet, if you aren't finding anyway to change those things, then I'm betting they removed that option in the final release. I hope I am wrong and/or there is a workaround or fix.
I did find the accent colors, but 7 let you alter them quite a bit and it doesn't appear to be that way with 10.
And so far, other then getting used to the new interface(s), this is the only small drawback I have had to deal with in 10.

Forgive my ignorance. I saw that earlier when messing around with the pc, but thought that I had to choose pictures from or within the menu choice right above the time box, so I continued to look for the old style controls.
Thank you very much, I owe you a beer or other drink.
Have a great weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.