[SOLVED] changing resolution on desktop doesnt change size of all apps.

dj3642a

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2015
Not sure if this goes in this section.. but I went from using a 19 inch monitor to a 42 inch 4K TV that I use for my desktop.. when I turn on the pc and change the resolution on the desktop to 2560x1440 which is all my graphics card 1070 ti shows it can handle.. some of the apps do not change size.. I got my desktop icons to a manageable size but some of my games are too big in display even when in the game I change the resolution accordingly. It doesn’t seem to change the game size.. same thing for my Browsers they are STILL WAY too big to the screen. .i have the latest graphics drivers for my card.. any idea why some things change size and others do not?? Tried finding solutions online but nothing really pertaining to my issue at hand. Thanks in advance.. I did go into “display “ and saw that windows is set to fix apps that seem blurry” (not sure if that’s a resolution thing or not. Just looking for some help.

Solution
Go to Settings -> Display -> Scale and Layout. At least on my TV, Windows will do 200% scaling by default.

Some apps either ignore scaling or scaling has no effect.