[SOLVED] Changing router too a access point

Nov 23, 2019
Ok so my internet is xplornet fixed wireless LTE I cannot access there router so with my d link router I'm having double nat if I remove my d link I get open Nat with it I get double nat so I need too turn my d link into a access point. I have no idea how too all I know is disable dchp or whatever it's called but when I do it I can't log into my d link anymore. Please help

Solution
  • Assign the DIR-822 an unused static IP address on your LAN.
  • Disable its DHCP server
  • Plug it into the master router through one of its LAN ports (not the WAN/Internet port)
  • Reboot it.
You should be able to access it at the address you assigned to it.
  • Assign the DIR-822 an unused static IP address on your LAN.
  • Disable its DHCP server
  • Plug it into the master router through one of its LAN ports (not the WAN/Internet port)
  • Reboot it.
You should be able to access it at the address you assigned to it.

Solution
Nov 23, 2019
See the static ip thing confuses me do I change my dir-822 ip too my xplornet routers ip? My xplornet router ip ends in .1 so should I then make my dir-822 ip end in .2 ? I'm sorry this is just confusing lol

See the static ip thing confuses me do I change my dir-822 ip too my xplornet routers ip? My xplornet router ip ends in .1 so should I then make my dir-822 ip end in .2 ? I'm sorry this is just confusing lol
Yes that would work as long as the .2 address isn't in the DHCP range of the .1 router. (eg: Make sure the DHCP range on router .1 is something like 192.168.x.10-192.168.x.250 or adjusted to your needs). This just ensures when your devices connect the .2 address can not be handed out to another device.

Nov 23, 2019
Thank you all for your help I changed my d link ip too my xplornet routers ip but made the last number .2 and disabled the dchp and it works like a charm no more double nat and my nat is open!