[SOLVED] changing sata controller windows 10

Partitionmissing

Prominent
Oct 25, 2020
So i was wondering if you could switch the sata controller in windows 10 without having any problems.
I am currently using the amd sata controller but there is also the standard windows 10 sata controller which i could choose in the settings.
So what would happen if i switch to the standard sata controller from windows? would the drives with the partions on them still be readable or would they corrupt ?

Solution
So i was wondering if you could switch the sata controller in windows 10 without having any problems.
I am currently using the amd sata controller but there is also the standard windows 10 sata controller which i could choose in the settings.
So what would happen if i switch to the standard sata controller from windows? would the drives with the partions on them still be readable or would they corrupt ?
You can switch to the Standard windows driver, shouldn't be a problem, they're the default drivers for a reason. in my experience, the AMD SATA controller drivers tend to be ehhhhh.
Do you mean sata controller DRIVERs ? Controllers themselves are built in the motherboard and you can't change them.

Palorim12

Distinguished
You can switch to the Standard windows driver, shouldn't be a problem, they're the default drivers for a reason. in my experience, the AMD SATA controller drivers tend to be ehhhhh.

Solution