changing the name of a contact

Hi,

I just added my friend john doe to my messenger contacts, but his email
address is zxcvbnm69@z5mgf3.com (not really but you get the idea) so it
doesn't bear any resemblence to his name.

on my contact list, his name is shown as zxcvbnm69@z5mgf3.com. How to change
it so the name is displayed properly?

TIA

Andy

Greetings Andy,

Names in Messenger are based on what the contact has chosen for their display name. As such,
your friend will need to change their display name.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Andy Fish" <ajfish@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I just added my friend john doe to my messenger contacts, but his email address is
> zxcvbnm69@z5mgf3.com (not really but you get the idea) so it doesn't bear any resemblence
> to his name.
>
> on my contact list, his name is shown as zxcvbnm69@z5mgf3.com. How to change it so the name
> is displayed properly?
>
> TIA
>
> Andy

OK, I understand it now

he sent me an IM this morning and now his name is correct.

thanks

> Greetings Andy,
>
> Names in Messenger are based on what the contact has chosen for their
> display name. As such, your friend will need to change their display
> name.
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "Andy Fish" <ajfish@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just added my friend john doe to my messenger contacts, but his email
>> address is zxcvbnm69@z5mgf3.com (not really but you get the idea) so it
>> doesn't bear any resemblence to his name.
>>
>> on my contact list, his name is shown as zxcvbnm69@z5mgf3.com. How to
>> change it so the name is displayed properly?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Andy

Hi Andy,

Glad to hear it =)