[SOLVED] Changing the resolution to 1080p on my 4k monitor makes everything very blurry and bad looking, can I fix this?

Berrse

Commendable
May 14, 2019
I am trying to play an older game and the UI looks very bad at 4K and there is no scaling option in the menu, so I figured I would just run the monitor at 1080p but it looks quite frankly terrible. Everything seems sort of stretched and blurry. Am I doing something wrong to cause this? I simply right clicked on my desktop, went to display settings and switched it to 1920x1080. Should I be doing something else?

My monitor is an LG 27UL600-W

Solution
Usually normal when running a lower resolution than the panel is designed for, ie dots per inch. Though im not sure if your monitor can upscale internally from a 1080p source. Check if any such option exist in the monitor menu allowing you to improve image like how 4k TVs do.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Usually normal when running a lower resolution than the panel is designed for, ie dots per inch. Though im not sure if your monitor can upscale internally from a 1080p source. Check if any such option exist in the monitor menu allowing you to improve image like how 4k TVs do.

Solution