Changing to E drive as default program drive

Novakane_

Honorable
Nov 29, 2015
I want all my programs to install in my HDD (E Drive) instead of SSD (C Drive) unless I specify otherwise. I tried the regedit, but some files are still saving to the Program Files on the C Drive. I can also tell that the storage available is decreasing on the C.

Specifically programs not music, pics, etc...

Solution
1) You should be installing programs so many times you need to worry about it. Just change the location manually and avoid risking system stability.
2) What you are describing is not actual "Program Files" data, rather likely just "AppData" files that are in your profile. To change that you would need to change the location of your profile, but that can cause issues later on.
1) You should be installing programs so many times you need to worry about it. Just change the location manually and avoid risking system stability.
2) What you are describing is not actual "Program Files" data, rather likely just "AppData" files that are in your profile. To change that you would need to change the location of your profile, but that can cause issues later on.

Solution