Changing to water cooling on my build

joacmc

Commendable
Jan 9, 2017
Hi,

I would be very grateful if you could enlighten this ignorant soul:

First, my Setup: LINK

I'm pretty happy with my current setup, but I don't like the cooler. It's a Noctua NH-D14 and it's gigantic, weights a ton and I'm pretty sure it's affecting air flow negatively, when gaming it goes up to the high 70s (Cº). Thus, I was thinking of changing to a closed water cooling system (LINK this one doesn't seem bad).

However, my Pc came prebuilt and other than adding hard drives and changing a fan I haven't touched my computer that much. Thus I'm not sure that the radiator will fit or even where I should place it (I was thinking on top).

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Solution
Check your case's radiator mounting, latest case comes with at least 240mm rad mounting holes, located on front or top. NH D14 is not being such obstructive, the myth of air in > air out should be left behind, the truth is air will cool faster if it moved, ideally placing intake fans on front or bottom for moving warm air generated by CPU air cooler or and GPU air cooler. If you have graphic card installed, then it add warm air to your case, are your intake fans moving enough air to graphic card area? Tubes of closed loop water cooler may obstruct air movement so I suggest get AIO with short tubes such as Corsair Hydro H100 V2.

Mikel_4

Respectable
Oct 15, 2016
Check your case's radiator mounting, latest case comes with at least 240mm rad mounting holes, located on front or top. NH D14 is not being such obstructive, the myth of air in > air out should be left behind, the truth is air will cool faster if it moved, ideally placing intake fans on front or bottom for moving warm air generated by CPU air cooler or and GPU air cooler. If you have graphic card installed, then it add warm air to your case, are your intake fans moving enough air to graphic card area? Tubes of closed loop water cooler may obstruct air movement so I suggest get AIO with short tubes such as Corsair Hydro H100 V2.

Solution

joacmc

Commendable
Jan 9, 2017

I see, Thanks. I'll take a look into it.