• Hey there, Guest! Share your idea for a new trophy in the forums and win bragging rights and a $100 Amazon gift card! Check out the New Community Trophy Contest here!
  • Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

changing user account settings

teresa

When I turn on my computer, I have to click on my user name to log on. Since
I am the only person using my computer, I want it to automatically log on.
How can I do that? I looked everywhere and can't seem to find it. Thank you
for your help!

Teresa wrote:
> When I turn on my computer, I have to click on my user name to log
> on. Since I am the only person using my computer, I want it to
> automatically log on. How can I do that? I looked everywhere and
> can't seem to find it. Thank you for your help!

Go to Start/Run and type: control userpasswords2 and press OK. Remove
the check mark from from "Users must enter a username and password......"
item. Apply/OK.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:11505319-87A6-4304-8FE7-0B10FAB8D3C4@microsoft.com,
Teresa <Teresa@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> When I turn on my computer, I have to click on my user name to log
> on. Since I am the only person using my computer, I want it to
> automatically log on. How can I do that? I looked everywhere and
> can't seem to find it. Thank you for your help!

Start > run > type "control userpasswords2" without the quotes > hit enter >
untick users must enter username and password to use this computer.

Galen

mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes