Changing Windows Explorer's Default folder when opened

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system,microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.new_user (More info?)

I wan't to change the default folder when I will open the explorer. By
default, when I will open the explorer, it goes to my documents. I try to
update the shorcut's Start In textbox but still it opens my document folder.
Can you help?

Mark

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system,microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.new_user (More info?)

This "Target" in the properties box will open my Temp folder.
%windir%\explorer.exe /e,/root,C:\temp
Just replace the C:\Temp with put the folder you want.

"M P" <mark@textguru.ph> wrote in message
> I wan't to change the default folder when I will open the explorer. By
> default, when I will open the explorer, it goes to my documents. I try to
> update the shorcut's Start In textbox but still it opens my document
folder.
> Can you help?
>
> Mark

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system,microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.new_user (More info?)

Edit the shortcut's "Target" to read
%systemroot%\explorer.exe /e,D:\
Where D:\ is the drive and or directory you wish to expand.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"M P" wrote:
|I wan't to change the default folder when I will open the explorer. By
| default, when I will open the explorer, it goes to my documents. I try to
| update the shorcut's Start In textbox but still it opens my document
folder.
| Can you help?
|
| Mark

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system,microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.new_user (More info?)

Hi Dave, John!

got it! thanks a lot! I really appreciate your help!

Mark