Channels 12, 13 and 14

I have a Compaq Presario R3000 laptop (R3065CA). I am soon to be travelling
to Japan and will need to have channels 12, 13 and 14 enable on my wireless.
It has the Broadcom 54g MaxPerformance.

Any suggestion on how I can accomplish such a thing?
Maxx

802.11d global roaming yes(1) or no(0)
usually a radio button or switch in Network/ wifi adapter or tcp/ip advanced
properties

card i use has it on the config utility too as country; None, Strict,
Flexable and only lists taiwan and united states, so I use Flexable
without a country and it searches thru 14 when it cant find Lan.

Maxx wrote:
|| I have a Compaq Presario R3000 laptop (R3065CA). I am soon to be
|| travelling to Japan and will need to have channels 12, 13 and 14
|| enable on my wireless. It has the Broadcom 54g MaxPerformance.
|| Any suggestion on how I can accomplish such a thing?
|| Maxx

Found it.

By changing the regional settings in Windows and then reinstalling the
drivers, the channels become available (According to the region selected).
The change sticks even if the region settings are changed back to another
region.

Maybe useful.....

Maxx

That is unfortunatly not an option on my card. Thanks for your tips.