chaos empire - doll stash question

I got the doll stash this weekend. I was under the impression I was to
store the little toys i'm finding in the Kinder Eggs in it. But, i
cant put anything into the doll stash. Am i doing something wrong? Am
I supposed to put the dolls and the stash into the cube together?

any help would be appreciated. the "read me" file included with the
game doesnt make much sense to me sometimes...

PeeVee_Hermann wrote:
> I got the doll stash this weekend. I was under the impression I was
> store the little toys i'm finding in the Kinder Eggs in it. But, i
> cant put anything into the doll stash. Am i doing something wrong? Am
> I supposed to put the dolls and the stash into the cube together?

Yup, put the Doll Stash and a doll in the Cube and hit "Transmute", and
that should work. I've never tried it any other way, but I believe you
can only cube one doll at a time.

> any help would be appreciated. the "read me" file included with the
> game doesnt make much sense to me sometimes...

I hear that. :)

Jill

wrote:

> Character type dolls - necro, zon, sin, barb, etc. (all 7 make book
of
> wisdom) supposedly you get these from the forge, however I haven't
seen a
> single one yet, I keep getting skeleton, skel mage, and Iron Golem
dolls
> there :(

I've never gotten a character doll from the Forge, either. I keep
getting the Rogue from Diablo I, although the last time I got a
Valkyrie, which was getting warmer. Never got a character doll from an
egg, either. I'm starting to wonder if they exist at all.

Jill

PeeVee_Hermann wrote:

> you mean i can actually put an item i have already socketed, into the
> cube with a suicide minion doll and the item's sockets will empty?
and
> i keep the gems or runes?

Yes indeed. No more losing those precious runes, gems or jewels by
unsocketing them from an item. Don't like the way that Runeword with
variable mods turned out? Try again.

> pardon these questions. some of this stuff may well be routine for
> those of you who have been playing 1.10 for a long time. I just now
> switched to 1.10 so i could play chaos empire

I started playing the CE mod in March and I'm still learning!

> only the Barb has Find Potion skill doesnt he...... or do all
> characters in chaos empire? I'm playing a lightning Zon.

Yes, only the Barbarian has the actual Find Item skill, but after you
put a number of dolls into the Doll Stash it grants you the Find Item
skill, so any character class can end up with this skill.

> this is crazy, and i know you'll think i'm nuts, but, i found a Tome
> of Town portal already, and yesterday some monster dropped a body
part
> which i right clicked into another tome of town portal, so i went to
> gheed to see what he'd buy it for. Wow! About 7 million dollars! I
> spent most of the afternoon gambling and came up with all kinds of
> incredible stuff.

Did you think that 7359842 or so sell price was a typo? I did at first.
:p

> I suppose i've been lucky so far. Hey i've only gotten killed four
> times and i'm already in the Black Marsh

> (sarcasm)

Don't worry, it gets better. This mod really is a whole different
animal - different monster types, certain critters doing entirely too
much damage for where they are in the game. But once you familiarize
yourself with these factors, it gets better.

My first char, now a lvl 96 bowazon, died 5 times in total (though a
few of those were ultra, ultra cheesy). My second char, a
Concentrate/Singer/Jack-of-All-Trades Barbarian, finished the game on
the weekend, and got to lvl 95, with not one single death. :) This
would not have been possible without his bowazon sister's Scouting
Reports.

Jill

neithskye wrote:

> > only the Barb has Find Potion skill doesnt he...... or do all
> > characters in chaos empire? I'm playing a lightning Zon.
>
> Yes, only the Barbarian has the actual Find Item skill, but after you
> put a number of dolls into the Doll Stash it grants you the Find Item
> skill, so any character class can end up with this skill.

Oops. I meant the Find Potion skill. Sorry about that.

My barb has 2 Ali Babas stuffed with Ists on switch. This is my
first-ever barb, and I never realized how addictive that Find Item
skill is, so I suppose I'm a little preoccupied with it at the moment.
:)

Jill

On 16 May 2005 06:52:52 -0700, "neithskye"
<jill_bookerGREENEGGSANDSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote:

>PeeVee_Hermann wrote:
>> I got the doll stash this weekend. I was under the impression I was
>> store the little toys i'm finding in the Kinder Eggs in it. But, i
>> cant put anything into the doll stash. Am i doing something wrong? Am
>> I supposed to put the dolls and the stash into the cube together?
>
>Yup, put the Doll Stash and a doll in the Cube and hit "Transmute", and
>that should work. I've never tried it any other way, but I believe you
>can only cube one doll at a time.
>
>> any help would be appreciated. the "read me" file included with the
>> game doesnt make much sense to me sometimes...
>
>I hear that. :)

thank you... i hope no one minds me asking these newbie chaos empire
questions on here. the "read me" is.... almost like it was originally
written in another language. Doh!

are there any dolls i should NOT transmute?

PeeVee_Hermann wrote:

> that reminds me, anybody have a quick guide to what the new oils do?

"New" oils? Do the oils in ver. 7.55 work differently than in ver.
7.51? Anyway, here's what they did in ver. 7.51.

http://www.planetdiablo.com/chaosempire/old/oils.htm

Oil of Accuracy:
Increases a weapon's chance to hit by 1-2%. PERMANENT Weapon

Blacksmith Oil:
Repairs completely Weapon, Shield, Armor

Oil of Death:
Increases the damage potential of a weapon. +1 to minimum, +2 to
maximum. PERMANENT

Oil of Fortitude:
Adds +10 - +50 to the max durability of an item. PERMANENT Weapon,
Shield, Armor

Oil of Hardening:
Adds +1 Armor class to helms and shields, adds +2 Armor class to armor.
PERMANENT

Oil of Imperviousness:
Adds +3 - +5 Armor class to armor and shields. PERMANENT

Oil of Mastery:
Increases a weapon's chance to hit by 3-5%. PERMANENT

Oil of Permanence:
Makes an item indestructible. PERMANENT Weapon, Shield, Armor

Oil of Sharpness:
Adds +1 to maximum damage of a weapon. PERMANENT

Oil of Skill:
Reduces the attributes needed to use a weapon or armor by 6-10%.
PERMANENT Weapon, Shield, Armor

Also, any 25 oils transmutes into a Moderator doll.

Jill

On 16 May 2005 09:44:54 -0700, "neithskye"
<jill_bookerGREENEGGSANDSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> only the Barb has Find Potion skill doesnt he...... or do all
>> characters in chaos empire? I'm playing a lightning Zon.
>
>Yes, only the Barbarian has the actual Find Item skill, but after you
>put a number of dolls into the Doll Stash it grants you the Find Item
>skill, so any character class can end up with this skill.

oh, very good. thank you.

>> this is crazy, and i know you'll think i'm nuts, but, i found a Tome
>> of Town portal already, and yesterday some monster dropped a body
>part
>> which i right clicked into another tome of town portal, so i went to
>> gheed to see what he'd buy it for. Wow! About 7 million dollars! I
>> spent most of the afternoon gambling and came up with all kinds of
>> incredible stuff.
>
>Did you think that 7359842 or so sell price was a typo? I did at first.
>:p

haha!

>> I suppose i've been lucky so far. Hey i've only gotten killed four
>> times and i'm already in the Black Marsh
>
>> (sarcasm)
>
>Don't worry, it gets better. This mod really is a whole different
>animal - different monster types, certain critters doing entirely too
>much damage for where they are in the game. But once you familiarize
>yourself with these factors, it gets better.

i didnt mean to say i didnt like it. I do. Getting killed only makes
it better. I mean, what's the fun in playing if there is NO RISK to
get killed anyway?

>My first char, now a lvl 96 bowazon, died 5 times in total (though a
>few of those were ultra, ultra cheesy).

i dont know what a cheesy death is. ... my first death was getting
burnt by fireballs in the den of evil. I wasnt used to being so easily
cooked and hadnt found any anti-fire potions yet. Then i saw this
portal open to No NameLevel and I went in there out of curiousity and
immediately got spanked. Next i got scorched again by these ugly
tomatoe things that suddenly blew fire on me. I'm sure i got killed
another time for doing something stupid.

>Character type dolls - necro, zon, sin,
>barb, etc. (all 7 make book of wisdom)
>supposedly you get these from the forge,
>however I haven't seen a single one yet,
>I keep getting skeleton, skel mage, and
>Iron Golem dolls there :(

I've got a barb, a zon and a sorc doll. Yes, they are safely tucked
away on a mule since I only play online HC. All came from hellforge
quests. And I haven't got one every time from the quest, it's been
about 25% of the time.

>i didnt mean to say i didnt like it. I do.
>Getting killed only makes it better. I
>mean, what's the fun in playing if there is
>NO RISK to get killed anyway?

Try HC, every staircase, every waypoint is an adventure in 'what's
next'.

>>My first char, now a lvl 96 bowazon,
>>died 5 times in total (though a few of
>>those were ultra, ultra cheesy).

>i dont know what a cheesy death is. ...
>my first death was getting burnt by
>fireballs in the den of evil. I wasnt used
>to being so easily cooked and hadnt
>found any anti-fire potions yet.

Vendors sell them. As well as the grounding, antidote and cold potions.
>Then i saw this portal open to No
>NameLevel and I went in there out of
>curiousity and immediately got spanked.

Those same monsters can be found underneath Nithalak's corpse in the
Dungeons. All 17 levels of them.

> Next i got scorched again by these ugly
>tomatoe things that suddenly blew fire on
>me.

Hork Spawn. My necro uses dim vision on them to stop that fire. They
take my barbs life right down even with full fire resistance. There
must be some physical damage added in as well.

Of course you probably haven't encounterd the acid spitting lava maws
yet. Another fun exercise in trying to pump potions, kill and not die
real real fast.

>I'm sure i got killed another time for
>doing something stupid.

I don't think it's stupidity, more along the lines of ignorance of the
new characters etc in the game. Stupidity is forever, ignorance can be
cured.

On 16-May-2005, PeeVee_Hermann <edwardapplejacksmith@yahoo.com> wrote:

> are there any dolls i should NOT transmute?

Moderator - used to upgrade items
Ghost - used to make items ethereal
Suicide Minion - used to empty sockets of items (items kept)
Character type dolls - necro, zon, sin, barb, etc. (all 7 make book of
wisdom) supposedly you get these from the forge, however I haven't seen a
single one yet, I keep getting skeleton, skel mage, and Iron Golem dolls
there :(
Just about any others go in the doll stash. Make sure you _use_ that Find
Potion skill on every horkable dead body, get rejuves or souls (which turn
into those lovely eggs).
I think thats it.
--
Don't Panic!

On Mon, 16 May 2005 14:33:17 GMT, "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname>
wrote:

>On 16-May-2005, PeeVee_Hermann <edwardapplejacksmith@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> are there any dolls i should NOT transmute?
>
>Moderator - used to upgrade items
>Ghost - used to make items ethereal
>Suicide Minion - used to empty sockets of items (items kept)

you mean i can actually put an item i have already socketed, into the
cube with a suicide minion doll and the item's sockets will empty? and
i keep the gems or runes?

pardon these questions. some of this stuff may well be routine for
those of you who have been playing 1.10 for a long time. I just now
switched to 1.10 so i could play chaos empire

>Character type dolls - necro, zon, sin, barb, etc. (all 7 make book of
>wisdom) supposedly you get these from the forge, however I haven't seen a
>single one yet, I keep getting skeleton, skel mage, and Iron Golem dolls
>there :(
>Just about any others go in the doll stash. Make sure you _use_ that Find
>Potion skill on every horkable dead body, get rejuves or souls (which turn
>into those lovely eggs).
>I think thats it.

only the Barb has Find Potion skill doesnt he...... or do all
characters in chaos empire? I'm playing a lightning Zon.

this is crazy, and i know you'll think i'm nuts, but, i found a Tome
of Town portal already, and yesterday some monster dropped a body part
which i right clicked into another tome of town portal, so i went to
gheed to see what he'd buy it for. Wow! About 7 million dollars! I
spent most of the afternoon gambling and came up with all kinds of
incredible stuff.

I suppose i've been lucky so far. Hey i've only gotten killed four
times and i'm already in the Black Marsh

(sarcasm)

>you mean i can actually put an item i
>have already socketed, into the cube
>with a suicide minion doll and the item's
>sockets will empty? and i keep the gems
>or runes?

That's correct.

I also upgraded a Buriza with the moderator doll which you couldn't do
in 1.10.

>pardon these questions. some of this
>stuff may well be routine for those of you
who have been playing 1.10 for a long
>time. I just now switched to 1.10 so i
>could play chaos empire

>>Character type dolls - necro, zon, sin,
>>barb, etc. (all 7 make book of wisdom)
>>supposedly you get these from the
>>forge, however I haven't seen a single
>>one yet, I keep getting skeleton, skel
>>mage, and Iron Golem dolls there :(

>>Just about any others go in the doll
>>stash. Make sure you _use_ that Find
>>Potion skill on everyhorkable deadbody,
>>get rejuves or souls (which turn into
>>those lovely eggs).
>>I think thats it.

>only the Barb has Find Potion skill
>doesnt he...... or do all characters in
>chaos empire? I'm playing a lightning
>Zon

The doll stash starts up with 10 poison damage as the first stat that is
added to your skills.
Every character gets the find potion skill after about 8 dolls are in
the stash. Once you get up to about 15-20 you get 2 to find potion.

>this is crazy, and i know you'll think i'm
>nuts, but, i found a Tome of Town portal
>already, and yesterday some monster
>dropped a body part which i right clicked
>into another tome of town portal, so i
>went to gheed to see what he'd buy it
>for. Wow! About 7 million dollars! I spent
>most of the afternoon gambling and
>came up with all kinds of incredible stuff.

I know what you mean about the gambling. I'm going to have to join
Gamblers Anonymous if I keep gambling in this game, gambling can become
just as addicting as questing, leveling or exploring. There are so many
more uniques and set items and it's a lot of fun to just see some of the
stuff that's out there. Oh and the Secret Cow level is another fun part
of the game again, lots of exp and the cows drop really great stuff.
Plus once someone gives you the WP for the Secret Cow Level you can kill
the King with impunity. Of course you will never be able to actually
open the cow portal in that particular difficulty but that's ok since
you don't have to track down Wirts leg and find a Tome of Town Portal to
cube to open it. I think they put the cows back to the old 1.09
difficulty to kill instead of the tough old cows that don't drop
anything and don't give any experience like in 1.10. And the level is
huge compared to the old cow level.

>I suppose i've been lucky so far. Hey i've
>only gotten killed four times and i'm
>already in the Black Marsh
>(sarcasm)

Well I was gonna offer to play some online HC with you but unfortunately
HC doesn't offer the option of getting killed more than once.

On 16 May 2005 11:41:50 -0700, "neithskye"
<jill_bookerGREENEGGSANDSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote:

>PeeVee_Hermann wrote:
>
>> that reminds me, anybody have a quick guide to what the new oils do?
>
>"New" oils? Do the oils in ver. 7.55 work differently than in ver.
>7.51? Anyway, here's what they did in ver. 7.51.
>
>http://www.planetdiablo.com/chaosempire/old/oils.htm
>
>Oil of Accuracy:
>Increases a weapon's chance to hit by 1-2%. PERMANENT Weapon
>
>Blacksmith Oil:
>Repairs completely Weapon, Shield, Armor
>
>Oil of Death:
>Increases the damage potential of a weapon. +1 to minimum, +2 to
>maximum. PERMANENT
>
>Oil of Fortitude:
>Adds +10 - +50 to the max durability of an item. PERMANENT Weapon,
>Shield, Armor
>
>Oil of Hardening:
>Adds +1 Armor class to helms and shields, adds +2 Armor class to armor.
>PERMANENT
>
>Oil of Imperviousness:
>Adds +3 - +5 Armor class to armor and shields. PERMANENT
>
>Oil of Mastery:
>Increases a weapon's chance to hit by 3-5%. PERMANENT
>
>Oil of Permanence:
>Makes an item indestructible. PERMANENT Weapon, Shield, Armor
>
>Oil of Sharpness:
>Adds +1 to maximum damage of a weapon. PERMANENT
>
>Oil of Skill:
>Reduces the attributes needed to use a weapon or armor by 6-10%.
>PERMANENT Weapon, Shield, Armor
>
>Also, any 25 oils transmutes into a Moderator doll.
>
>Jill

thank you

On 16-May-2005, PeeVee_Hermann <edwardapplejacksmith@yahoo.com> wrote:

> you mean i can actually put an item i have already socketed, into the
> cube with a suicide minion doll and the item's sockets will empty? and
> i keep the gems or runes?

Yes.

> only the Barb has Find Potion skill doesnt he...... or do all
> characters in chaos empire? I'm playing a lightning Zon.

After about 10 dolls in the doll stash it adds plus one to Find Potion, so
any character type can use it. And, it (FP) works a bit different from
regular LOD FP, in CEmod it only finds rejuves, full rejuves, or the
'soul' of the dead monster. Those 'souls' right click into an egg which
can contain any one of many goodies. Keep adding dolls to the doll stash,
it keeps adding attributes/skills. I have been told that some people have
thousands in theirs. I 'only' have about 575 in mine so far and it is
giving me about 7 or 8 skills already (besides the FP).
For _real_ money for gambling, try selling a valuable elixir or one of
those funny 'herb' things, plan on spending a couple days at it tho. :)
To get the 'good' stuff right away, use the -act5 trick to create a level
96 character and gamble with him/her.
--
Don't Panic!

On Mon, 16 May 2005 16:58:56 GMT, "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname>
wrote:

>On 16-May-2005, PeeVee_Hermann <edwardapplejacksmith@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> you mean i can actually put an item i have already socketed, into the
>> cube with a suicide minion doll and the item's sockets will empty? and
>> i keep the gems or runes?
>
>Yes.
>
>> only the Barb has Find Potion skill doesnt he...... or do all
>> characters in chaos empire? I'm playing a lightning Zon.
>
>After about 10 dolls in the doll stash it adds plus one to Find Potion, so
>any character type can use it. And, it (FP) works a bit different from
>regular LOD FP, in CEmod it only finds rejuves, full rejuves, or the
>'soul' of the dead monster. Those 'souls' right click into an egg which
>can contain any one of many goodies. Keep adding dolls to the doll stash,
>it keeps adding attributes/skills. I have been told that some people have
>thousands in theirs. I 'only' have about 575 in mine so far and it is
>giving me about 7 or 8 skills already (besides the FP).
>For _real_ money for gambling, try selling a valuable elixir or one of
>those funny 'herb' things, plan on spending a couple days at it tho. :)
>To get the 'good' stuff right away, use the -act5 trick to create a level
>96 character and gamble with him/her.

that reminds me, anybody have a quick guide to what the new oils do?

i put them in a cube with something? Oil of hardening i assume makes
something ethereal, no longer ethereal?

On Mon, 16 May 2005, (Blue Jack Sky) wrote:

>> >Character type dolls - necro, zon, sin,
>> >barb, etc. (all 7 make book of wisdom)
>> >supposedly you get these from the forge,
>> >however I haven't seen a single one yet,
>> >I keep getting skeleton, skel mage, and
>> >Iron Golem dolls there :(
>>
>> I've got a barb, a zon and a sorc doll. Yes, they are safely tucked
>> away on a mule since I only play online HC. All came from hellforge
>> quests. And I haven't got one every time from the quest, it's been
>> about 25% of the time.

My experience also. I have Pala and Zon.

--

USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper

----snip-----

> My first char, now a lvl 96 bowazon, died 5 times in total (though a
> few of those were ultra, ultra cheesy). My second char, a
> Concentrate/Singer/Jack-of-All-Trades Barbarian, finished the game on
> the weekend, and got to lvl 95, with not one single death. :) This
> would not have been possible without his bowazon sister's Scouting
> Reports.
>
> Jill

I have a lvl 96 bowazon too and i have forgotten how many times she
died. I will need to check my teddy for that. As far as char type dolls
go, i have yet to find one at the hell forge but i did find two [a pala
and a necro] from the slave driver boss in act 5, along with a suicide
minion doll and assorted runes. I was doing a jig that night.

Had another bowazon; nellie and since she was HC and didnt survive her
first meet with the butcher... nellie_too is doing great [softcore] and
her repeating crossbow with maxed strafe...to die for i tell ya.
Although when she ran into a DC at absolom, she had to get out of there
double quick as the DC was regenerating double quick.

----snip-----

GrimBold wrote:
> ----snip-----

> I have a lvl 96 bowazon too and i have forgotten how many times she
> died. I will need to check my teddy for that. As far as char type
dolls
> go, i have yet to find one at the hell forge but i did find two [a
pala
> and a necro] from the slave driver boss in act 5, along with a
suicide
> minion doll and assorted runes. I was doing a jig that night.

I bet. :)

I've now put two characters through the game and have not found one
character doll, or had any kind of doll as a drop.

> Had another bowazon; nellie and since she was HC and didnt survive
her
> first meet with the butcher

Yes, I remember poor Nellie.

> ... nellie_too is doing great [softcore] and
> her repeating crossbow with maxed strafe...to die for i tell ya.
> Although when she ran into a DC at absolom, she had to get out of
there
> double quick as the DC was regenerating double quick.

What gear is she using?

My bowazon uses the Psycho's Revenge set which includes, among other
things, Prevent Monster Heal. Really helps with the Clone.

Jill

PeeVee_Hermann wrote:

> i dont know what a cheesy death is . . .

Despite being cautious, despite taking things slowly, despite applying
everything you know about the game to your style of playing, suddenly
having a monster pop out of a room that is levels above where it is
found in the game . . . Nothing the game has dropped for you up to that
point will allow you to kill this critter, or even make a dent in it
for that matter, but said critter can one-hit kill you . . . It's one
thing to die because you fumbled a potion, but to not even have the
chance to drink a potion before it's all over . . . That, to me, is a
cheesy death.

Others may disagree.

Jill

neithskye wrote:
> PeeVee_Hermann wrote:
>
> > i dont know what a cheesy death is . . .
>
> Despite being cautious, despite taking things slowly, despite
applying
> everything you know about the game to your style of playing, suddenly
> having a monster pop out of a room that is levels above where it is
> found in the game . . . Nothing the game has dropped for you up to
that
> point will allow you to kill this critter, or even make a dent in it
> for that matter, but said critter can one-hit kill you . . . It's one
> thing to die because you fumbled a potion, but to not even have the
> chance to drink a potion before it's all over . . . That, to me, is a
> cheesy death.
>
> Others may disagree.
>
> Jill

Well as far as DC popping up and killing your char is concerned...i
have found that the DC is usually slower and can be outrun, of course
if you get trapped between DC and a corner....whammo...cheeseland here
i come.

GrimBold wrote:

> Well as far as DC popping up and killing your char is concerned...i
> have found that the DC is usually slower and can be outrun, of course
> if you get trapped between DC and a corner....whammo...cheeseland
here
> i come.

I was actually referring to The Butcher in Act I, and more or less
describing what happened when he charged out of a room at my bowazon in
Normal difficulty when she was only level 16 or so. He always seems to
spawn extra-fast (when my zon tried him in Hell difficulty she had 197%
Faster Run/Walk, and he was matching her pace for pace), and so, unlike
the Clone, cannot be outrun easily.

The monsters in the room with The Butcher, or my merc, must have opened
his door, because I sure didn't, and that strikes me as being the
cheesiest thing of all.

The Clone doesn't worry me at all - my barb can kill him in about 20
seconds. Pink stars from those flying witches, and arrows from skeleton
archers who have picked up the mods from a nearby boss worry me. The
only time my bowazon died in NM or Hell was due to this in the Frigid
Highlands in Hell. An arrow I didn't even see wiped out 6K life. The
funny thing was, when I got my body back and found the nearby boss
Crush Beast, the only mod I saw was Stone Skin. No aura, nothing. Still
can't figure out why one arrow could take out 6K life.

Jill