Chaos Empire - dolls???

lost

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2004
227
0
18,680
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

i've gotten some dolls from the eggs... what are they for? i've heard about
some doll box?? how do i get this and what do i do with it?
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 23:00:12 GMT, "Lost" <mymindilost@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>i've gotten some dolls from the eggs... what are they for? i've heard about
>some doll box?? how do i get this and what do i do with it?

You get the box in Act 3. Certain dolls give bonuses to skills,
like find potion (yes that means that everyone gets find potion now).
:)

--
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability
of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Johnny Bravo wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 23:00:12 GMT, "Lost" <mymindilost@earthlink.net>
> wrote:
>
>
>>i've gotten some dolls from the eggs... what are they for? i've heard about
>>some doll box?? how do i get this and what do i do with it?
>
>
> You get the box in Act 3. Certain dolls give bonuses to skills,
> like find potion (yes that means that everyone gets find potion now).
> :)
>
you can also put in 2 of the scrolls you start with and wirts leg in the
cube and get the doll stash
 

Wolf

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2004
45
0
18,530
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Johnny Bravo wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 23:00:12 GMT, "Lost" <mymindilost@earthlink.net>
> wrote:
>
> >i've gotten some dolls from the eggs... what are they for? i've
heard about
> >some doll box?? how do i get this and what do i do with it?
>
> You get the box in Act 3. Certain dolls give bonuses to skills,
> like find potion (yes that means that everyone gets find potion now).
> :)
>
> --
> "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability
> of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

it's actually based on how many dolls you have in the doll stash. this
is a post from 2/14 by ArtDent :
"I was trying to say, in the Chaos Empire mod there is a thing called a
Doll
Stash that you place dolls into. It starts out at giving you 10 poison
over
2 seconds and when you put 3 dolls in there it adds plus one to Find
Potion
(require level 7), after 10 dolls it goes to plus two to Find Potion
(not
sure of level requirement, wasn't paying attention), and when you put
87
dolls into it it adds plus one to Lower Resist but also changes the
level
requirements up to 36, which is higher than any of my characters so
far.
Hope this is clearer"
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

To add to what Wolf quoted - that level 36 requirement was when my assasin
tried to equip it, it still showed req. lvl 30 if my necro uses it.
Also, at 111 dolls it changes to 21 poison over 4 seconds with no level
req. change.
I will try to keep track of the changes as they happen and post them here
or perhaps at some other CEmod thread.
--
Don't Panic!
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

At 206 dolls it gives plus one to Amplify Damage
At 221 dolls if adds another to make it plus two to Amp Dmg
--
Don't Panic!
 

Diane

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
702
0
18,980
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

"ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname> wrote in news:0kG%d.1103$S46.275
@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

> At 206 dolls it gives plus one to Amplify Damage
> At 221 dolls if adds another to make it plus two to Amp Dmg

Cool beans. Just make sure you have the big bosses set aside. I'm in the
process of collecting them and hoping I'll come across some of them that I
mistakenly put into the stash. Ugh!! We live and learn.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On 21-Mar-2005, Diane <kirchbabe1@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Cool beans. Just make sure you have the big bosses set aside. I'm in
> the
> process of collecting them and hoping I'll come across some of them that
> I
> mistakenly put into the stash. Ugh!! We live and learn.

I presume you are talking about the recipe for the Book of Wisdom? I
tried that over the weekend, having finally got the last one I needed (or
so I thought). It did not work for me. The readme says all act boss
dolls and Coldworm and BloodRaven. I take/took that to mean 5 bosses -
Andy-Duriel-Meph-Diablo-and-Baal, plus those other two. I put all 7 dolls
into my cube but nothing happened when I hit transmute. Am I
understanding it wrong or what? Do I need *all* bosses? Geez, how many
total would that be anyway? Rakanishu, Bishibosh, Grand Vizier, Hephasto,
etc. etc. etc. Even with the big size of the cube I don't think they all
would fit!
--
Don't Panic!
 

Diane

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
702
0
18,980
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

"ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname> wrote in
news:fbH%d.1123$S46.177@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

>
> On 21-Mar-2005, Diane <kirchbabe1@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> Cool beans. Just make sure you have the big bosses set aside. I'm
>> in the
>> process of collecting them and hoping I'll come across some of them
>> that I
>> mistakenly put into the stash. Ugh!! We live and learn.
>
> I presume you are talking about the recipe for the Book of Wisdom? I
> tried that over the weekend, having finally got the last one I needed
> (or so I thought). It did not work for me. The readme says all act
> boss dolls and Coldworm and BloodRaven. I take/took that to mean 5
> bosses - Andy-Duriel-Meph-Diablo-and-Baal, plus those other two. I
> put all 7 dolls into my cube but nothing happened when I hit
> transmute. Am I understanding it wrong or what? Do I need *all*
> bosses? Geez, how many total would that be anyway? Rakanishu,
> Bishibosh, Grand Vizier, Hephasto, etc. etc. etc. Even with the big
> size of the cube I don't think they all would fit!

I was under the impression they meant ALL bosses, however I didn't think
about whether they'd fit or not. Hmmmmmm. Let me know how you work this
one out.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On 21-Mar-2005, Diane <kirchbabe1@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I was under the impression they meant ALL bosses, however I didn't think
>
> about whether they'd fit or not. Hmmmmmm. Let me know how you work
> this
> one out.

The recipe for the Book of Wisdom does not use the bosses after all, it is
all 7 character types - zon,sin,necro,etc.
Also...
at 239 dolls the stash adds plus one to Slows Missiles
--
Don't Panic!
 

Diane

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
702
0
18,980
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

"ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname> wrote in
news:5DG0e.7789$S46.6859@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

>
> On 21-Mar-2005, Diane <kirchbabe1@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> I was under the impression they meant ALL bosses, however I didn't
>> think
>>
>> about whether they'd fit or not. Hmmmmmm. Let me know how you work
>> this
>> one out.
>
> The recipe for the Book of Wisdom does not use the bosses after all,
> it is all 7 character types - zon,sin,necro,etc.
> Also...
> at 239 dolls the stash adds plus one to Slows Missiles

Oh, it's CHARACTER types. Got it. Keep feeding us these tips Art,
Much appreciated and keep up the good work.

Diane
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005, Diane wrote:

>> "ArtDent" wrote
>> >
>> > On 21-Mar-2005, Diane wrote:
>> >
>> >> I was under the impression they meant ALL bosses, however I didn't
>> >> think
>> >>
>> >> about whether they'd fit or not. Hmmmmmm. Let me know how you work
>> >> this
>> >> one out.
>> >
>> > The recipe for the Book of Wisdom does not use the bosses after all,
>> > it is all 7 character types - zon,sin,necro,etc.
>> > Also...
>> > at 239 dolls the stash adds plus one to Slows Missiles
>>
>> Oh, it's CHARACTER types. Got it. Keep feeding us these tips Art,
>> Much appreciated and keep up the good work.
>>
>> Diane

Is there any way to tell which dolls are in the stash after putting them
in?

Is there any way to tell what the bonus will be for the various numbers
of dolls?

Does the bonus differ depending on which dolls are in the stash?

Can we take any dolls back out? (I'm lonely and want something to play
with that doesn't hit me, shoot at me, curse me, or steal my chocolate
cake).

Can we have more than one doll stash, and get bonus sets from each?


--

USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On 25-Mar-2005, Brian Brunner <brian.brunner@verizon.net.prophet> wrote:

> Is there any way to tell which dolls are in the stash after putting them
> in?

No.

> Is there any way to tell what the bonus will be for the various numbers
> of dolls?

Check this thread.

> Does the bonus differ depending on which dolls are in the stash?

I don't think so.

> Can we take any dolls back out? (I'm lonely and want something to play
> with that doesn't hit me, shoot at me, curse me, or steal my chocolate
> cake).

No. I keep a few in my stash for future unique item creating. But watch
out for that Gheed guy, he has been known to steal chocolate cake. ;)
Diane is the one to watch out for if you are talking muffins tho.

> Can we have more than one doll stash, and get bonus sets from each?

No. I tried. :(
--
Don't Panic!
 

Diane

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
702
0
18,980
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

"ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname> wrote in news:96Y0e.8467$S46.3453
@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

>
> On 25-Mar-2005, Brian Brunner <brian.brunner@verizon.net.prophet>
wrote:
>
>> Is there any way to tell which dolls are in the stash after putting
them
>> in?
>
> No.
>
>> Is there any way to tell what the bonus will be for the various
numbers
>> of dolls?
>
> Check this thread.
>
>> Does the bonus differ depending on which dolls are in the stash?
>
> I don't think so.
>
>> Can we take any dolls back out? (I'm lonely and want something to
play
>> with that doesn't hit me, shoot at me, curse me, or steal my
chocolate
>> cake).
>
> No. I keep a few in my stash for future unique item creating. But
watch
> out for that Gheed guy, he has been known to steal chocolate cake. ;)
> Diane is the one to watch out for if you are talking muffins tho.
>
>> Can we have more than one doll stash, and get bonus sets from each?
>
> No. I tried. :(

MUFFINS? I saw mention of MUFFINS. Look out, if you've got MUFFINS,
you won't have them for long. I steal MUFFINS, hahahahaha.

Diane
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Diane wrote:
> "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname> wrote in news:96Y0e.8467$S46.3453
> @newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:
>
>
>>On 25-Mar-2005, Brian Brunner <brian.brunner@verizon.net.prophet>
>
> wrote:
>
>>>Is there any way to tell which dolls are in the stash after putting
>
> them
>
>>>in?
>>
>>No.
>>
>>
>>>Is there any way to tell what the bonus will be for the various
>
> numbers
>
>>>of dolls?
>>
>>Check this thread.
>>
>>
>>>Does the bonus differ depending on which dolls are in the stash?
>>
>>I don't think so.
>>
>>
>>>Can we take any dolls back out? (I'm lonely and want something to
>
> play
>
>>>with that doesn't hit me, shoot at me, curse me, or steal my
>
> chocolate
>
>>>cake).
>>
>>No. I keep a few in my stash for future unique item creating. But
>
> watch
>
>>out for that Gheed guy, he has been known to steal chocolate cake. ;)
>>Diane is the one to watch out for if you are talking muffins tho.
>>
>>
>>>Can we have more than one doll stash, and get bonus sets from each?
>>
>>No. I tried. :(
>
>
> MUFFINS? I saw mention of MUFFINS. Look out, if you've got MUFFINS,
> you won't have them for long. I steal MUFFINS, hahahahaha.
>
> Diane

Especially if they have nuts!
 

Diane

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
702
0
18,980
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

sidekick <sidekick39spam_bust@adelphia.net> wrote in
news:4Jmdncw2SKFH89nfRVn-hA@adelphia.com:

> Diane wrote:
>> "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname> wrote in news:96Y0e.8467$S46.3453
>> @newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:
>>
>>
>>>On 25-Mar-2005, Brian Brunner <brian.brunner@verizon.net.prophet>
>>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>>Is there any way to tell which dolls are in the stash after putting
>>
>> them
>>
>>>>in?
>>>
>>>No.
>>>
>>>
>>>>Is there any way to tell what the bonus will be for the various
>>
>> numbers
>>
>>>>of dolls?
>>>
>>>Check this thread.
>>>
>>>
>>>>Does the bonus differ depending on which dolls are in the stash?
>>>
>>>I don't think so.
>>>
>>>
>>>>Can we take any dolls back out? (I'm lonely and want something to
>>
>> play
>>
>>>>with that doesn't hit me, shoot at me, curse me, or steal my
>>
>> chocolate
>>
>>>>cake).
>>>
>>>No. I keep a few in my stash for future unique item creating. But
>>
>> watch
>>
>>>out for that Gheed guy, he has been known to steal chocolate cake. ;)
>>>Diane is the one to watch out for if you are talking muffins tho.
>>>
>>>
>>>>Can we have more than one doll stash, and get bonus sets from each?
>>>
>>>No. I tried. :(
>>
>>
>> MUFFINS? I saw mention of MUFFINS. Look out, if you've got MUFFINS,
>> you won't have them for long. I steal MUFFINS, hahahahaha.
>>
>> Diane
>
> Especially if they have nuts!
>

Oh? So you've noticed?
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005, Diane wrote:

>> > No. I keep a few dools in my stash for future unique item creating.

Fill in details here please...

>> MUFFINS? I saw mention of MUFFINS. Look out, if you've got MUFFINS,
>> you won't have them for long. I steal MUFFINS, hahahahaha.

Sorry, the closest I can come is a pair of rather aged buns.


--

USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper
 

Diane

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
702
0
18,980
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Brian Brunner <brian.brunner@verizon.net.prophet> wrote in
news:086b41lrrqnsrp7vc7rg9dkqj4kn879von@4ax.com:

> On Fri, 25 Mar 2005, Diane wrote:
>
>>> > No. I keep a few dools in my stash for future unique item creating.
>
> Fill in details here please...
>
>>> MUFFINS? I saw mention of MUFFINS. Look out, if you've got MUFFINS,
>>> you won't have them for long. I steal MUFFINS, hahahahaha.
>
> Sorry, the closest I can come is a pair of rather aged buns.
>
>

I'll take em.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On 26-Mar-2005, Brian Brunner <brian.brunner@verizon.net.prophet> wrote:

> >> > No. I keep a few dools in my stash for future unique item
> >> > creating.
>
> Fill in details here please...

In the readme file there are cube recipes for creating unique items, they
require the item, a doll, and 15 pgems (type of gem depends on what item
type you are working with). That was how I got my first pair of
Marrowwalk boots ever.
--
Don't Panic!
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005, Diane wrote:

>> Brian Brunner wrote
>>
>> > On Fri, 25 Mar 2005, Diane wrote:
>> >
>> >>> > No. I keep a few dools in my stash for future unique item creating.
>> >
>> > Fill in details here please...
>> >
>> >>> MUFFINS? I saw mention of MUFFINS. Look out, if you've got MUFFINS,
>> >>> you won't have them for long. I steal MUFFINS, hahahahaha.
>> >
>> > Sorry, the closest I can come is a pair of rather aged buns.
>> >
>>
>> I'll take em.

*snort*

*giggle*

LOL

Thank you!


--

USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper