News CharaChorder Keyboard Technology Gets Packed Into a USB Dongle

Endymio

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 3, 2020
A friend tried a chording keyboard all the way back in 1990 ... he could do well over 200wpm with it, but it does take significant time to master.

PlaneInTheSky

Commendable
BANNED
Oct 3, 2022
CharaChorder X uses its innovative interpreting software and training to understand that try, or you will typically be ‘try,’ which is essential to getting the technology to work.
huh?

It's bad enough to try to understand what this thing does, without having to read sentences that make 0 sense.

Jarmer

Prominent
Feb 5, 2021
I don't understand who the market is for this type of product. Basically already exists for stenographers. Who else would even want to make the incredibly difficult transition to this to slightly speed up typing?

Reactions: SyCoREAPER

SyCoREAPER

Honorable
Jan 11, 2018
I don't understand who the market is for this type of product. Basically already exists for stenographers. Who else would even want to make the incredibly difficult transition to this to slightly speed up typing?

That was my thought as well. They are basically turning a plain keyboard into a steno but using their proprietary interpretation, almost like swiping on a phone keyboard.

While this thing could theoretically help you create complete.l documents faster, them advertising it as typing faster is misleading. Not to mention I'd have serious privacy concerns og g this thing phoning home in analytics or just plain mining.

D

Deleted member 14196

It looks like a keylogger to me and I’ll bet you any money It is. use it at your own peril.

Dec 28, 2022
What incredibly difficult transition you are talking about?
There is no transition at all, if you like. You may use your keyboard as usual.
Just select one or two often used words and chord them during otherwise normal single character input keyboard use. If they are trained in, add further chorded words. You will end up using a mixture of regular single character entry and chorded word entry and double your speed.

TRENDING THREADS