[SOLVED] Charge iPhone X in Sleep Mode on Win10

yksi

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2015
So I used Windows 7 for the longest time, and when I had my phone plugged in before going into sleep mode, it would remain charging until I disconnected it. Now that I'm using Windows 10, this no longer happens.

I tried:
  1. Going into Device Manager > USB Controllers > USB Root Hub > UNCHECK "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" under Power Management
  2. Disabling USB selective suspend under the Advanced Power Options
But neither worked; it still stops charging as soon as sleep mode is entered.

Is there something I'm not trying that fixes this? I used to always rely on charging my phone overnight in sleep mode, so I'd like to go back to the same behavior as Windows 7.

I don't think this is a phone issue, because this is the same phone that behaved the way I want on Windows 7.

Solution
Hello

Can you please try going backing to Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus Controllers, right-clicking each of the available devices one-by-one, going to Properties > Power Management, and unchecking the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power box?

If this doesn't help, please try resetting your current Power Plan to factory defaults and see it helps.

Feel free to report back for any further assistance.

Cheers!!
Hello

Can you please try going backing to Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus Controllers, right-clicking each of the available devices one-by-one, going to Properties > Power Management, and unchecking the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power box?

If this doesn't help, please try resetting your current Power Plan to factory defaults and see it helps.

Feel free to report back for any further assistance.

Cheers!!

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Solution