[SOLVED] Charge my headset without all my RGB turning on?

Nov 12, 2019
So I just bought a pair of astro A50's, and in order to charge them I have to have power to the base station. The issue I'm having is how do I charge my Astros without keeping all my peripherals on? I know I can keep my USB ports powered even with the computer off, but all my peripherals also stay powered so they stay lit up as well. Does anyone know if I can control which USBs are on when the computer turns off or do I have to resort to getting a powered USB hub?

Asus Prime x470 - pro motherboard

Thanks in advance

Solution
According to the manual, if you enabled the power state S5, all the USB ports can charge the USB device, and you may disable/enable the individual USB port by "USB single port control", but you can not use those ports for your other USB device too.

So I think you need to buy a powered USB hub like you said. It costs about $20, if it is for sale sometime you can get it for $10, even get it for free after MIR.
According to the manual, if you enabled the power state S5, all the USB ports can charge the USB device, and you may disable/enable the individual USB port by "USB single port control", but you can not use those ports for your other USB device too.

So I think you need to buy a powered USB hub like you said. It costs about $20, if it is for sale sometime you can get it for $10, even get it for free after MIR.

Reactions: Ralston18
Solution