Charger plugged in, not charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

osteknut

Reputable
Aug 19, 2015
Hi. Recently I have experienced an issue with my laptop's charger. To make it short; it won't charge. My battery is currently at 2%, so don't come up with something that don't require my charger. My computer is a Alienware 13, and my charger is a Dell charger, running at 150w (expensive to replace). I have tried a lot of things which I have read about, also gone as far as restarting my computer. I really need help, cause this is an important computer in my life, used for school and else. My last resort is buying a new charger, and if that doesn't work I'll send my computer back for service. Thanks

Solution
Have you tried powering the laptop without the battery in place? Sometimes a damaged battery refuses to be charged and also does not allow the laptop to be powered. However, it is advised that you send your laptop in for service, to avoid incurring unnecessary charges in case your charger works fine.

metalicgeek

Reputable
Aug 26, 2015
Have you tried powering the laptop without the battery in place? Sometimes a damaged battery refuses to be charged and also does not allow the laptop to be powered. However, it is advised that you send your laptop in for service, to avoid incurring unnecessary charges in case your charger works fine.

Solution

osteknut

Reputable
Aug 19, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.