[SOLVED] Charging my laptop from my car battery , is it harmful for the laptop?

Jun 26, 2020
hello , my laptop is lenovo y700 and I've got a a universal laptop adapter on car battery , i can choose the right voltage

is there is any danger to damage my laptop if I charge it or Run it from my car battery?

Solution
As long as that product is functioning properly there is no issue with using it assuming the tips it has is the right polarity for the laptop.

The issue here is that the y700 uses a rectangular power plug, that adapter you linked does not have that type of connector, what are you connecting this to? As you can see the power plug is on the left, does not match anything the adapter you bought has.

Y700%207%20-%20Left%20Side.jpg

You need this type of car adapter...
As long as that product is functioning properly there is no issue with using it assuming the tips it has is the right polarity for the laptop.

The issue here is that the y700 uses a rectangular power plug, that adapter you linked does not have that type of connector, what are you connecting this to? As you can see the power plug is on the left, does not match anything the adapter you bought has.

You need this type of car adapter https://www.amazon.com/Charger-Thin...ocphy=9001809&hvtargid=pla-570591110303&psc=1 It will charge it, with the laptop turned off.

Last edited:
Solution
Jun 26, 2020

You need this type of car adapter https://www.amazon.com/Charger-Thin...ocphy=9001809&hvtargid=pla-570591110303&psc=1 It will charge it, with the laptop turned off.

thanks the new version of mm have that plug