Chaser MK1 200mm Fan replacement options

Runeblade48

Honorable
Dec 14, 2013
I really like this case but the issue is their stock fans are crap. When I first got the case the top fan made lots of noise most likely due to bad bearings. Amazon sent me a replacement and now this one has the same issue. I am sure it is a design flaw as it only has an issue in a horizontal position. Literally if I dismount it and put it vertical then turn on the PC it will be quiet then I can remount it, however it will just make noise again on next start up. I think the bearing ends up shifting. There really isn't a lot of choice when it comes to 200m fans so I was wondering what you guys would suggest I replace it with and I don't want a third crappy stock fan.

I am currently leaning towards the following
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008G3OLRQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Solution
Why not go for 2x140mm fans instead of a single large 200mm fan? As it stands there aren't that many 200mm fans out there that are labelled as quiet and to make matters a little more worse, they haven't made as much progress as 120mm and 140mm fans did in the past 5 years. If you must stick on the path of a 200mm fan, take a look at the Bitfenix Spectre Pro 200mm fan's.

Lutfij

Titan
Why not go for 2x140mm fans instead of a single large 200mm fan? As it stands there aren't that many 200mm fans out there that are labelled as quiet and to make matters a little more worse, they haven't made as much progress as 120mm and 140mm fans did in the past 5 years. If you must stick on the path of a 200mm fan, take a look at the Bitfenix Spectre Pro 200mm fan's.

Solution