[SOLVED] Chassis Fans and CPU Fan Coming To Complete Stop

trofeer

Commendable
Apr 3, 2021
Unsure what exactly is going on but I've noticed my case fans and cpu fan (3xNoctua NFA14 Case Fans and Noctua U14S CPU Cooler) all come to a halt while I'm gaming which I've never noticed before..

As I type this, they come to a stop at Idle now too for roughly 60-120s. The only changes I've noticed to PC were Windows Security Update KB004945. I have an ASUS ROG Maximus XII Hero motherboard with the ROG Dual Intelligent Processors 5 software (AI Suite) which has custom fan curves. Havent really touched that at all recently.

Does anyone know what could randomly cause this now? I built this PC 8 months ago and never noticed this happening before unless of course I put computer to sleep.

Solution
Unsure what exactly is going on but I've noticed my case fans and cpu fan (3xNoctua NFA14 Case Fans and Noctua U14S CPU Cooler) all come to a halt while I'm gaming which I've never noticed before..

As I type this, they come to a stop at Idle now too for roughly 60-120s. The only changes I've noticed to PC were Windows Security Update KB004945. I have an ASUS ROG Maximus XII Hero motherboard with the ROG Dual Intelligent Processors 5 software (AI Suite) which has custom fan curves. Havent really touched that at all recently.

Does anyone know what could randomly cause this now? I built this PC 8 months ago and never noticed this happening before unless of course I put computer to sleep.
Get rid of AI Suite, go to BIOS and set...

Get rid of AI Suite, go to BIOS and set fan speed curves yourself. Bios even have an option to test and set fans according to test results. Software is always susceptible to changes in OS.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Solution

trofeer

Commendable
Apr 3, 2021
Get rid of AI Suite, go to BIOS and set fan speed curves yourself. Bios even have an option to test and set fans according to test results. Software is always susceptible to changes in OS.

Will do. Is there anything I need to do AI Suite wise? Will BIOS take precedent over the AI Software or is there a way to disable the fan control there? (Should I remove it entirely?)

Will do. Is there anything I need to do AI Suite wise? Will BIOS take precedent over the AI Software or is there a way to disable the fan control there? (Should I remove it entirely?)
I (and many others) had nothing but problems with it and as I said it's software/program and as such works thru Windows and depends on it. A change in OS can make difference in any program/application. Unless it makes any change in BIOS, it's active only in OS and while it's running even in the background what AI Suite does. I would suggest you remove/uninstall it completely.