Chassis fans not detected in BIOS

Ork_2001

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
Hi. I have a Phantom 820 case and a Maximus VI Hero board. Originally I had the 3 pin case fans connect to my mobo when I learned about the fan controller on top of the case. Wanting to have that control, I connected those fans to some 3 pin male wires that came with the case (sorry for not using proper terms, I'm still having a hard time learning all of this). It works, however, the BIOS shows 0 fan speed for the fans, as with Ai suite 3 fan xpert. Is this normal?

Further more, I'm trying to OC my CPU, i5 4670k, with Ai suite which works but I can only get about 4.2mhz. Under the advanced options I tried selecting 4.6 and it worked but when I started up Valley benchmark I got BSOD right when it opened. I would over clock manually but trying to learn all of that was too difficult for me.
Because Ai suite 3 can't detect my chassis fans I thought maybe that is why I could only OC to 4.2?

Btw I've been using this forum for the past couple years or so (just made an account now) for building my PC and other problems and you guys have helped me a TON! So thanks a bunch for that