Question Chassis fans ramp up after installing a graphics card ?

athlondude

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
I recently dropped a GTX 1070 in to my daughter's PC and when I turn her PC back on all the chassis fans went full blast. I checked the bios and couldn't find anything out of the ordinary so for now I am stumped. Anybody got a clue?

Lutfij

Titan
We're going to need a little more information. When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Please add the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. As a side note, did you use DDU to rid the platform of any prior GPU drivers before popping in the GTX1070 into the system? BIOS version for your daughter's build's motherboard?

athlondude

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
We're going to need a little more information. When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Please add the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. As a side note, did you use DDU to rid the platform of any prior GPU drivers before popping in the GTX1070 into the system? BIOS version for your daughter's build's motherboard?

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700
Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4
Ram: Gskill DDR4 2400
SSD/HDD: Samsung 2Tb 7200 RPM
GPU: EVGA GTX1070 FTW
PSU: Corsair CX750 (1 year old)
Chassis: Apevia Crusader-F-PK (i hate this case)
Monitor: AOC 24" 1080P monitor

Have uninstalled with DDU and without the GPU drivers installed it acts fine, but once you start running the driver installer the fans ramp right up to max. Sounds like a jet engine. I tried updating AMD chipset drivers as well as installed the motherboard utility and nothing. I am getting no reading on the fans in the utility or in the bios which is even more confusing. Motherboard bios is P4.60

TRENDING THREADS