CHASSIS INTRUDED FATAL ERROR... SYSTEM HALTED

ALONZO_55

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012
Hello,
My PC show an error in startup "chassis intruded fatal error system halted"
please solve this error why this message is show in startup
My MotherBoard is ASUS P5P800-MX

Please do not use all caps. Its considered to be rude.

If you cannot get into the BIOS you will need to check the jumpers. You want a jumper on pins 1&2 on the CLRTC header and a jumper on pins 3&4 for the Chassis Intrusion header. If these are set correctly try resetting the BIOS and replacing the BIOS battery.

ALONZO_55

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012

Sorry about the all cap.

What you just suggested, i've already tried and i still get the same error message along with new ones;

CMOS Settings Wrong

CMOS Date / Time Not Set

New CPU Installed. Please Enter Setup To Configure Your System

Chassis Intruded

Fatal Error... System Halted

(I don't know if this makes a difference, but i neglected to mention the fact that i don't have the cover to the chassis.)

ALONZO_55

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012
Sorry about the all cap.

What you just suggested, i've already tried and i still get the same error message along with new ones;

CMOS Settings Wrong

CMOS Date / Time Not Set

New CPU Installed. Please Enter Setup To Configure Your System

Chassis Intruded

Fatal Error... System Halted

(I don't know if this makes a difference, but i neglected to mention the fact that i don't have the cover to the chassis.)

Traildriver

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
Well there you probably are then. You need to trick that chassis switch into thinking there is a cover on again by taping the switch down.

Try that and let us know. If it works, then go into the BIOS and turn off the Chassis intrusion.

Also sounds like you have to re-enter all you PC data into the BIOS due to the CMOS reset.

By the by, what happened to the cover?

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20100910141859640&board_id=1&model=P5V800-MX&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

Good luck. The forum above takes a while to load. Start with the simple "I just pull the power plug (after a safe shut down) and then held the power button for 15 seconds. Plugged power back in - and bam! booted up just fine. Sometimes the simplest tricks work. "

When that fails try "chek the chassis intrusion jumper on ur mobo "see the manual user for your mobo before removing or changing the place of any jumper" a jumper most be placed on the ïn 2 and Pin 3 this is the right jumper position to desactivate the chassis intrusion option after that you should remove the CMOS battery and Clear the CMOS settings By placing the CRLTC jumper on pin 2 and pin 3 for almost 10 Secondes then place it again between pin 1 and pin 2 after that put the CMOS battery then start your pc and check if the problem persist again" Before doing this verify the pin positions against your MB manual.

ALONZO_55

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012

I don't have a cover or a chassis switch. They somehow got lost in the process of moving.