Question Chassis outlet fan is always at 100% (roughly 4000 rpm).

spere43

Prominent
Aug 7, 2019
For some reason my chassis outlet fan is always around 100% ( roughly 4000 rpm) whereas my intake and cpu and gpu fans are marginally lower than that. This problem all started when i reset my bios (taking out cmos battery for a min, because i forgot bios pass, and i really wanted to over clock) and now, every time my computer posts, it will stay at 100% speed. Prior to resetting bios, the fan speed was fine and would alternate speeds. I applied all my old settings to my bios and it still is extremely loud and at 100%. I overclocked an fx 6300 to 4ghz stable and have had no issues with crashing and having idle temps of 28 to 35 celcius, so I am pretty sure thats not the issue. The pc case originally housed a server but I decided to use it for normal uses. I would appreciate some help with fixing this problem as it is really irritating to hear it at max.

Specs:

Mobo: Asus Sabertooth 990fx
Cpu: AMD FX 6300 Black Edition (Overclocked to 4ghz stable)
Gpu: Triple Fan Gigabyte gtx 980 with 4gb vram
Ram: 8gb(2 x 4gb) Kingston Hyper x DDR3 1333mhz
Psu: Corsair GS700
Case: Honestly no idea, got it cheap but replaced the fans on it and its an ex server case from asus thats bigger than a normal prebuilt and the front grills looks like the asus ts700-e9 server case
Fans: They are older cooler master fans (full black, no rgb, logo is imprinted in small text) that I salvaged from another pc and it works fine.

ASK THE COMMUNITY