Chassis short issue (?)

dehdstar

Honorable
Nov 30, 2017
I've got a very peculiar issue, with a pretty popular case. I use the Phantek Enthoo Evolv Shift. When I say that name, I'm sure a ton of people immediately think, "oh I know the case (lol)."
Here's the weird thing:

When I have the lid open while the PC is on and I touch the chassis in one specific area the display goes blank, immediately. Should I then touch it an additional time, the screen remains blank, but the GPU/ system fans seem to change RPMs, almost like the sound it might make as soon as the PC is initiating a shutdown and the fans momentarily spin up, prior to shutting off...only it never shuts off.
I've inspected all the wiring and see no exposed/ bare wires, or anything that could causing a grounding out. I'm actually wondering if it's a short in the GPU, since that's the same side of the case the GPU bracket mounts to...perhaps somewhere in one of the HDMI, or display ports...since it is only the display going out. I can wiggle HDMI cables, or the card while it's running, or even touch the metal casing on the card itself and it doesn't exhibit the same issue. I can even shake the unit, touch anywhere else, wiggle all other cables and nothing happens. I even replaced the PCIE riser cable to no avail. It's only when I touch that specific spot in the case along the metal rail that secures both the GPU bracket, and the side window/ cover. I can touch anywhere else along that rail, like toward the front of the PC and nothing happens. I have built several PC's and have never seen anything like this before.