[SOLVED] Chat monitor and Main monitor

• Thread starter Deleted member 2729451
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2729451

I'm looking for a cheap Monitor that I will be using for twitch chat (Will be set sideways) I don't care at all for the chat monitor just something cheap. I am also looking for a new main monitor that needs to be at least 2560 x 1440 pixels.(any inch is fine) I have a budget around $300 if possible. (I can go up more but would like to spend less then $300)

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Solution
unfortunately for $300 you are not going to get what you want.
You can come close (possibly) if buying stuff used on the local second hand market.

I can offer you both 1440p and 1080p monitors along with a VESA desk mount, but the 1440p monitor is not going to be anything special and not going to be capable of more than 60-75hz and will not have adaptive sync.
It'll be just a basic plain 1440p monitor.

If you want a gaming monitor that can do 100hz or more and adaptive sync (FreeSync or GSync) you'll need to pay about $300 for just that monitor alone.

Here is a PCPP list for the basic options including a vesa desk mount (the vesa mount is currently out of stock until the 20th)

PCPartPicker Part List

Monitor: Acer...

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
so to clarify, you have $300 to spend TOTAL on BOTH monitors?
and to further clarify, this is United States? or a different country?
and as for setting the monitor sideways, how are you planning to do that?
With a VESA mount? or do you need a monitor that can do that while being attached to it's own base stand?
Do you already have a VESA mount or do you need to get one of those too?

D

Deleted member 2729451

so to clarify, you have $300 to spend TOTAL on BOTH monitors?
and to further clarify, this is United States? or a different country?
and as for setting the monitor sideways, how are you planning to do that?
With a VESA mount? or do you need a monitor that can do that while being attached to it's own base stand?
Do you already have a VESA mount or do you need to get one of those too?

"so to clarify, you have $300 to spend TOTAL on BOTH monitors?" Yes in total
"and to further clarify, this is United States? or a different country?" Yes USA
"and as for setting the monitor sideways, how are you planning to do that?" Not sure, i dont really know how
"With a VESA mount? or do you need a monitor that can do that while being attached to it's own base stand?" I dont have a mount, and yes I would probably need one if I want to do that idk
"Do you already have a VESA mount or do you need to get one of those too?" I need one if thats the way im going

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
unfortunately for $300 you are not going to get what you want.
You can come close (possibly) if buying stuff used on the local second hand market.

I can offer you both 1440p and 1080p monitors along with a VESA desk mount, but the 1440p monitor is not going to be anything special and not going to be capable of more than 60-75hz and will not have adaptive sync.
It'll be just a basic plain 1440p monitor.

If you want a gaming monitor that can do 100hz or more and adaptive sync (FreeSync or GSync) you'll need to pay about $300 for just that monitor alone.

Here is a PCPP list for the basic options including a vesa desk mount (the vesa mount is currently out of stock until the 20th)

PCPartPicker Part List

Monitor: Acer V277U 27.0" 2560x1440 75 Hz Monitor ($189.00 @ B&H)
Monitor: ViewSonic VS2210-h 21.5" 1920x1080 75 Hz Monitor ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Custom: VIVO Dual LCD Monitor Desk Mount Stand Heavy Duty Fully Adjustable fits 2 /Two Screens upto 27" (STAND-V002) ($40.00)
Total: $318.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-12-11 00:43 EST-0500

This is retail pricing and does not include any applicable taxes and/or shipping costs.

Solution