[SOLVED] Cheap budget upgrade to help run rust and modern warfare?

isaacjm4thewin

Commendable
Nov 21, 2017
My appologies in advance for my lack of knowledge,

My specs are:
i7-2600
Gigabyte gtx 1050 ti 4gb low profile oc
2x 4gb corsair ddr3 ram
Gigabyte ga-z77-d3h
Thermaltake T2 550w
and 1 [censored] 1tb seagate hdd plus a backup 250gb for some of my games (dont wanna pull them out to properly read the model name)

basically i need help finding a cheap upgrade that will last a fair bit, i know im probably better off upgrading everything but for the meantime is there any possibility for a cheap upgrade that will run fairly on Modern Warfare and Rust, could there possibly be a future-proof motherboard that will support my [censored] cpu?
please let me know if theres anything i have missed out, any suggestions/help is much appreciated,
Thanks
Isaac

Solution
If you have 600 to spend, I would suggest looking at a new AMD ryzen setup. Ram is dirt cheap now. If you really want to go cheap, Microcenter in my area has the ryzen 1600 for about 80 bucks. You could pick up a board to work with it for probably 60-80 dollars for a b450.

Ram should run 50-70 dollars for 16gb. Not sure about the rest of your build.

To give an idea what's available, here is a guide from pcpartpicker

https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/bgj48d/entry-level-amd-gaming-build

Since you can spend 600, I would suggest look at a slightly better power supply and maybe an rx 580 or gtx 1060 6gb, or a 1650 super, something in that line. I would use the ssd as a boot drive. Reuse the little you can, you could format...

isaacjm4thewin

Commendable
Nov 21, 2017
You sure? i open the task manager and the things that are at full usage are the RAM and HDD, im just not too sure if the RAM and MOBO are too old and need to be future proof, but if new gpu is the way to go then for sure, my budget is about $600 max, also i didnt mention the case is a NZXT H500i, thanks for the replies :)

isaacjm4thewin

Commendable
Nov 21, 2017
oh yea didn't mention, how would i go about finding out if my MOBO supports the new gpu if i get one, i ask this question because i made that mistake with this gpu i have now and the other mobo i had for it was too old so some lucky bastard found the one i have now for cheap

If you have 600 to spend, I would suggest looking at a new AMD ryzen setup. Ram is dirt cheap now. If you really want to go cheap, Microcenter in my area has the ryzen 1600 for about 80 bucks. You could pick up a board to work with it for probably 60-80 dollars for a b450.

Ram should run 50-70 dollars for 16gb. Not sure about the rest of your build.

To give an idea what's available, here is a guide from pcpartpicker

https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/bgj48d/entry-level-amd-gaming-build

Since you can spend 600, I would suggest look at a slightly better power supply and maybe an rx 580 or gtx 1060 6gb, or a 1650 super, something in that line. I would use the ssd as a boot drive. Reuse the little you can, you could format your current drive and put in the new system to use as storage for games etc.

While that would take all of your budget, that should get a good platform. If you watch, you might score a good deal on a ryzen 2600 or 3600.

Also, if you are ok with used hardware, I just picked up an rx 580 8gb card for just under 110 shipped from eBay. I know I've seen rx 470 cards for example going for 50-70 used as well.

If you just want to be cheap and use what you have, you can probably pick up something like a gtx 1070 used for under 200. Maybe add enough ram to get you to 16gb. However, your current system was probably new in 2011-2012 give or take. While the i7 2600 was great and is still decent for what it is, and I'd have no issues recommending it for someone for a web browsing machine, the i7 2600 is pretty long in the tooth now. So you will want to look at something newer sooner or later.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS