Hi beautiful peeps, i would ask your opinion about this build

• Case : Gamamax Draco XD
  • PSU : Deepcool 600W
  • Mother Board : MSI B450M
  • CPU : Ryzen 5 PRO 4650G 4.20 Ghz Turbo
  • RAM : 16GB (2x8) 3200mhz Crucial
  • SSD : Western Digital 500 GB
  • Cooling : Deep Cool Gammax
  • VGA :Nothing ill use the integrated one and I will add another VGA when the prices return to be normal
What you would change? Any idea? I dont have a big budget

Last edited:
Solution
Not completly sure, i tought yes 😆
In case i will check again another mother Board. Btw is the setup acceptable? Or is completly bad?

That line of MSI boards and up to the Phantom Gaming aren't particularly awesome. Just the same, if your goal is a set cost and no plans to go above an R5 I see no reason it shouldn't be a good build aside from the aforementioned possible BIOS issue.
According to where you purchase this from they may have new enough stock and/or a way to flash that BIOS to something appropriate for you.
I wonder if you could avoid the issue by stepping up into the 5xx chipsets? You would have to find one you like at pricing and check the CPU compatibility list.

I personally have found that for the Ryzen...

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Not completly sure, i tought yes 😆
In case i will check again another mother Board. Btw is the setup acceptable? Or is completly bad?

That line of MSI boards and up to the Phantom Gaming aren't particularly awesome. Just the same, if your goal is a set cost and no plans to go above an R5 I see no reason it shouldn't be a good build aside from the aforementioned possible BIOS issue.
According to where you purchase this from they may have new enough stock and/or a way to flash that BIOS to something appropriate for you.
I wonder if you could avoid the issue by stepping up into the 5xx chipsets? You would have to find one you like at pricing and check the CPU compatibility list.

I personally have found that for the Ryzen available since 2017, it was a great idea to have a 1xxx Ryzen or Athlon on hand for just such a thing. It has become less important with the 500 chipset, as they aren't 1st gen compatible. Also the boards that have the BIOS flash ability without CPU/RAM installed, along with the "max" boards has helped things along a lot.

Reactions: Mr.LaMaH
Solution