Cheap Computer Stores in Toronto/Scarborough/Markham

Status
Not open for further replies.

adreen

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
Can anyone suggest good computer stores that I can browse online for parts in Toronto/Scarborough/Markham? My supplier doesn't have some of the parts I'm looking for, thanks!

adreen

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
I've also heard of ICCT, and Infonec in the markham area.
Anywhere else near scarb/markham besides the ones mentioned and Canadacomputers/Pacific Mall stores?

adreen

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
hold on...so if you're in ONTARIO, and get it shipped from BC you only pay GST? Which is 7%...Have you ever ordered anything from NCIX and are sure you only pay GST?

adreen

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
why aren't u guys reading the WHOLE thread!? :roll:
i hate tigerdirect, overpriced and smelly :p
so far i have:
canadacomputers (discountsss weee!)
pccanada
tigerdirect
infonec
icct
ncix
newegg (doesn't ship to canada, YET until newegg.ca is up, or am I wrong?)

penguin_d

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
Hey,

I didn't bother to read the other posts as I'm at work and lazy...

www.canadacomputers.com
They have 4 locations throughout the GTA

www.TigerDirect.ca
Their warhouse store is at HWY 7 and Warden

Sonam Computers (don't know the website)
Just north of the corner of Spadina and College

Those are the 3 companies in toronto I deal with.

ExtremePC in Guelph is also amazing, and they offer free shipping, or they used to.
www.extreme-pc.ca

There ya go

IAM_CA

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
hold on...so if you're in ONTARIO, and get it shipped from BC you only pay GST? Which is 7%...Have you ever ordered anything from NCIX and are sure you only pay GST?

Yup. I usually only order what is in their weekly specials where shipping costs are less than PST. This week I ordered an Antec Sonata II case with some other stuff and only paid $5.99 for shipping. Found out shipping is by FedEx (ground) - they emailed the tracking numbers... will be here in 4 business days from yesterday when I ordered.

endyen

Splendid
Buying out of province does save the PST. A good place to look is http://www.anitec.ca/
Last time I was in Toronto, I ran accross a bunch of shops just west of 21st, on Lakeshore rd. That's on the other side of town, but not too hard to get to, even via the subway, then the Kipling bus south to Lakeshore.

invictive

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
I usually shop at logic computer house

http://www.logiccomputerhouse.com/ They have a location in markham and one in mississauga, cash discounts too.

illicitsc

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
Pacific mall is the place to go. canadacomputers and pcgate. u can also chekc out first markham place. or just go to your local library and pick up a copy of HUB magazine for free and look at the locationss from the zillions of ads in the mag

Pdrog

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
I live and shop in the same area.

Tigerdirect is a joke as I'm sure you know. Prices are much too high. Same with NCIX. You'll get better prices at the local shops almost everytime. Tigerdirect has a large retail shop at highway 7 and woodbine though, which is the only plus. newegg doesn't deliver to canada, last time I checked anyways.

www.pricenetwork.ca is always the first place you should hit, that will give you a good idea of all around prices throughout canada. However, make sure you actually go to the companies website and verify the price, while they are generally quite accurate, I have on many occasions found prices listed that were incorrect, or were after a mail in rebate.
www.computers-canada.com is another site like pricenetwork, although I've found they tend to be very innacurate in their results and show you stuff you don't want.

Pacific mall is good: Sunnycomputers, PCGate and CanadaComputers are there and all have competitive prices. However, Pacific Mall is AN ABSOLUTE ZOO. You have to go early, or late, or you'll spend 45 minutes trying to get a parking spot. And the stores inside during peak hours are absolutely jam packed at times, you may end up literally humping everyone around you.. It's so frustrating, I don't even go there anymore, or absolutely dread when I need too. Sometimes it's ok, but oh man.. it can be rough too...
www.sunnycomputers.com
www.pcgatecomputer.com
www.canadacomputers.com

Chiplogic - www.chiplogic.ca
The Champion.. However, they have almost NO stock, so you'll have to order ahead of time. This one is actually out towards the west end, so if your vehicle guzzles the gas you may want to stick to the east end. You'll be appalled when you enter the "store", lol... But I've bought from them many times so I trust them (I work not far away, so the distance isn't an issue).

Pc Village - www.pcvonline.com
Sheppard north of McCowan, north side at a little mini mall thingy. One of my favorites. Have some stuff in stock, prices are ok. I just like these guys cause they are pretty close to where I live. Their stuff is usually only about 2-5 bucks more than the other places, if not the same. I find they tend to have cheaper prices written on the board when you enter than what you see on their website sometimes, so drop by or call to make sure.

Logic Computer House - www.logicomputerhouse.com
Loads of stuff in stock, very nice store. The few bucks more you may spend here is probably worth it just so you can walk in, get what you want, and walk out since they have a large in store stock at usually competitive prices. Nice easy to find shop on Woodbine north of steeles, west side.

Infonec and ICCT I never go to simply because they have never been able to beat one of the stores above.. Although, the last time I included them in my price comparisons was over a year ago, and after just doing a comparison they appear to be trying to step up to the plate and are more competitive now. They used charge 10-20 bucks or more on all items I compared, and they still are on some items, but many items are within a dollar or two of other locations now, and even beating them on a few. Not too bad, definitely will have to keep a closer eye on them.

When you do price comparisons you should find that chiplogic.ca generally beats out all the others stores by a few bucks, if not by a nice margin. I usually compare hard drives and cpus, since thats what I shop for the most. And while the odd store may win on an item here and there, when the tally is done chiplogic is always the clear winner by a good margin. I've yet to find a store that can consistently compete or beat them. If anyone finds one, please let me know. I just wish they were closer to scarborough/markham.

adreen

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
However, Pacific Mall is AN ABSOLUTE ZOO. You have to go early, or late, or you'll spend 45 minutes trying to get a parking spot. And the stores inside during peak hours are absolutely jam packed at times, you may end up literally humping everyone around you.
Bahahahaha! That's a good one. I know EXACTLY what you mean tho! I frequent that place tho, cheapest near my place. Now I can get discounts and one tax so I'm gonna be buying everything from there. Bad thing is that most of the stuff I want there is low/no stock so I gotta wait or look for alternatives. Thanx alot to everyone who contributed in my efforts to find more stores in the GTA area!
Humping everyone around you...lol :twisted:

purelithium

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2006
Chiplogic - www.chiplogic.ca
The Champion.. However, they have almost NO stock, so you'll have to order ahead of time. This one is actually out towards the west end, so if your vehicle guzzles the gas you may want to stick to the east end. You'll be appalled when you enter the "store", lol... But I've bought from them many times so I trust them (I work not far away, so the distance isn't an issue).

Wow I wish I had known about them when I was building my system a couple months ago! I live in Brampton and I've never heard of them before, that's wicked. I'll have to go check them out.

G

i herd there is a store in markham in the plaza behind tim horton's

napihtrap

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
Also try IBC Computer Distributors (IBC Computers) in Guelph.
They can beat most people's pricess when it comes to full systems and new gaming cards.

i bought a BFG 260 OC 55nm for $250.00 the new one.

www.ibccomputers.ca

http://www.ibccomputers.ca

John

Status
Not open for further replies.