[SOLVED] Cheap cooler for Ryzen 5 3600

Andrea Burgio

Distinguished
May 6, 2015
Whats up guys, i need to build a new computer, i only have the cpu cooler, and case fans left to choose.

I bought a Thermaltake H200 TG case, https://www.thermaltakeusa.com/h200-tg-rgb-2.html , and i was thinking about buying a GAMMAXX GTE V2 for my cpu:
https://www.amazon.it/DEEP-COOL-GAM...qid=1603578710&sprefix=gte+&sr=8-1&th=1&psc=1

I dont want to overclock it or anything, i just want to make it less noisy and more stable, do you guys reccomend me that cooler? Or you think for the same amount of money i could get something better? Im really on a budget and i dont want to spend more than 35€, if you could find anything better for that price on amazon.it it would be really appreciated, could you guys help me out please?

Thank you!

Solution
3600 should come with a decent cooler. Lots of people just stick with it.

The Gammaxx would work certainly, around that price range would be things like the Hyper Evo 212, Hyper 212, Hyper T2, 90mm Enermax and Arctic coolers...

I'm partial to some of the be quiet! models, but they are about ten dollars more.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador

The Gammaxx would work certainly, around that price range would be things like the Hyper Evo 212, Hyper 212, Hyper T2, 90mm Enermax and Arctic coolers...

I'm partial to some of the be quiet! models, but they are about ten dollars more.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Solution

Andrea Burgio

Distinguished
May 6, 2015

I read that the 3600 reaches 90 degrees pretty easily with the stock cooler, if you really think its not needed i'd rather buy another RAM then. What do you think is it better getting a new cooler or going from 8gb 3000MHz of RAM to 16?

My opinion:
Stock cooler will cool CPU just fine if PC case has decent airflow. The problem is noise! Because small fan on stock cooler needs to spin at higher speeds (to cool CPU) than larger fan. So, if you PC case will be on your desk close to you, you will definitely hear it. Some say, noise isn't really "that bad" (for them), so you maybe try with stock cooler first, use it for a while and then decide.
Speaking for me, my PC must be silent and so I try to prevent any noise where I can. Saying that, if budget is being tight, I would still get that GAMMAXX cooler.

TRENDING THREADS