Cheap Easy and Reliable Gaming Gear

DovyNorris

Reputable
Oct 13, 2014
Im about to start pc gaming and was wondering what keyboard and mouse i should get. I was thinking razor deathstalker and razor deathadder. Are mechanical keyboards worth it?

Solution
Depends on the rest of your build eg if you wanted to spend a total of less than $800 then a mechanical keyboard shouldn't be in your budget.

But over $2000 it'd be a good inclusion.
i love mech keyboards

just a warning though, as famous as razer is, they tend to break easier than usual. deathadder is like one of the best, but the reliability is not the best.

the keyboard i have now is a ducky (i had a razer before, it is still working fortunately) but ducky has a better build really

RAZER Gamer

Reputable
May 27, 2015
As a big fan of the gaming company Razer (as you can see in my name), I would recommend the Razer Mamba 2015 (the new mouse) and the Razer Black Widow Chroma.

Links:
Mouse: http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-mamba
Keyboard: http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-blackwidow-chroma

The Razer Mamba is a great mouse, I bought the 2012 version about a year ago and it is amazing. The 2015 version is going to be so much better, it can be wired or wireless, it has chroma lighting, it has a long lasting battery, a 16000 dpi sensor! I mean 16000 dpi, that's the fastest gaming mouse ever made! It has nice clicky buttons which are very responsive, comes with a charging dock for when you use it in wireless mode, has a 1ms response time and adjustable click force technology. For more information please read the link.

Now I don't have a Razer keyboard. I have a Razer mouse, mouse mat, headset and gaming keypad. I would recommend looking at the gaming keypads they have too. So lets quickly talk about the gaming keypad I have (it is better than a keyboard for gaming). I have the Razer Tartarus gaming keypad, it has 25 fully programmable buttons, a very comfortable shape and design, chroma backlighting and 8 directional thumb pad and a adjustable wrist pad. Please see this link to learn more.

Razer Tartarus:
http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-tartarus-chroma

So finally the Razer Black Widow, it features the new Razer mechanicle switches which last longer and are more responsive than other keyboards. Each key lasts 60 million presses. It has chroma backlighting, macro keys, programmable buttons and a gaming mode option. To find out more please visit the link.

Overall, I would get the Razer Tartarus if you have a smaller hand and a Razer Orbweaver gaming keypad if you have a bigger hand. Then I would get the Razer Mamba 2015 edition (when it comes out) and then you're set for gaming. Also to program any buttons all you need to do is download Razer Synapse and you can change the lighting effects, make macros, program keys, change sensitivity, etc...

Razer Synapse:
http://www.razerzone.com/synapse/

Hope this helps :)

KryssNova

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014
Drop the Razer DeathStalker it's an Membrane Keyboard.
Mechanical switches keyboards are definitely worth it, for beginner if possible you should get feel for which switches you want in keyboard.
For gaming I recommend the
MX REDs (be wary they are linear and have actuation point of around 2mm and 45g, so they are easily pressed, quite bad for typing).
MX BROWNs (tactile swtich, with same actuation point as RED, good for gaming, lot better for typing than REDs)
Then there are MX BLUE (with tactile and clicky feedback, which totaly depends on your subjective personal preference).
and MX BLACKs (same as REDs just up to 60g actuation point).

To be honest it's quite hard to know what Switches you want without trying or hearing them beforehand.
You should google some differences between those switches on YT or somewhere.
But otherwordly, I would recommend the MX RED for gaming, very easy to double/tripple/four tap, or the MX BROWNs they are also quite good for gaming, but not quite as good performing for triple/fourth tapping, no problems with double tapping though.
I personally own keyboard with BROWNs and like them more over REDs.

My recommendations for KB would be:
Corsair k70 / k95
Logitech G710+ (only Brown)
Das Keyboard Professional
CM Storm QuickFire TK/Ultimate (they have different models)

As for mouse DeathAdder is very good mouse for performance and sensor part of it, but mileage and build quality can vary.
Some have better luck than others with it.
If you look into MMO/RPG gaming, it's also worth getting mouse with more keys on it, really appricate that for Key bindings.

Other good mouse at that price point with good sensors are Logitech G502, Logitech 402, SteelSeries Rival.