[SOLVED] Cheap gaming PC

Solution
Not bad at all. Bit of a waste to have both an APU and a full discrete graphics card.

It could also benefit a lot from dual channel memory, so if you can afford another 8GB of memory, you might want to get that.

Fair warning, OEM systems can be difficult to upgrade later, and they often cheap out on the power supply.

Here is a rough build comparison, big saving on the bundled OS. And whatever peripherals it comes with.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2400G 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor ($149.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-AB350-GAMING 3 ATX AM4 Motherboard ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Patriot - Viper Elite 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Not bad at all. Bit of a waste to have both an APU and a full discrete graphics card.

It could also benefit a lot from dual channel memory, so if you can afford another 8GB of memory, you might want to get that.

Fair warning, OEM systems can be difficult to upgrade later, and they often cheap out on the power supply.

Here is a rough build comparison, big saving on the bundled OS. And whatever peripherals it comes with.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2400G 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor ($149.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-AB350-GAMING 3 ATX AM4 Motherboard ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Patriot - Viper Elite 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung - PM961 128 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($47.89 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($44.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: PowerColor - Radeon RX 580 8 GB Video Card ($169.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Rosewill - Blackbone ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($98.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $701.61
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-25 17:31 EST-0500

Solution

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I didn't go down the road to exact part match. My drive choices are certainly more expensive than what they will have put in there. Case is always tricky because you never know what they spent. Went with a larger power supply since the RX580 is quite power hungry. But I would say that this is one of the more competitively priced gaming desktops out there right now.

The recent reviews I've seen on the HP Omen line shows they actually have some decent people picking out the hardware over there. Not sure about the Pavilion line, but if we are lucky it is the same people.