Question Cheap GPU For I3 2100

jamespoo

Commendable
Mar 30, 2017
what is the best but cheap gpu for a I3 2100 small form factor was thinking of getting a gt 1030 2gb gddr5 maybe there is something better?

jamespoo

Commendable
Mar 30, 2017
Thanks to RX price cuts lately, i agree, there is a lot to chose from.
1030 gddr5 is a good option but if the rx560 is a simmilar price where you live, the 560 performs much better.
What psu and case do you have?
What is your budget?

well i do have $281 in giftcarfs on this site www.mightyape.co.nz i got from doing survey and other takes some websites i get $5 gift cards every couple of days just doing a couple of easy tasks that take a couple of seconds to do and one site every 5/8 survays i do i get $20 and another site i do 1/3 survey for $5 giftcard

so maybe i could save up and build a cheap computer that would be better

i do already have a ryzen 5 2400g system with 16gb ddr4 ram 250gb ssd and 2x 1tb hdd
i use the integrated vega 11 gpu and can run all games at 1360x768 med to high fine and games look good i don't think i will ever get a gpu for this pc as vega 11 works good enough

i really really want a second pc i have the room now since i sold my old stereo system and that why i was thinking of upgrading this sff i3 pc i got for $30nzd with a gpu but since its quite and old cpu now it may be better to just build a new pc as i have no idea
what else to save this giftcard up for

so i would like to get something off www.mightyape.com if possible :)

There are two limitations for upgrading the graphics in a SFF system.
1. What is the physical room available.
A low profile case will need a low profile graphics card.
Can the case support a card with two slots?
2. A sff case typically includes a psu without any aux 6 pin connectors.
The strongest card such a psu can support will be a GTX1050ti.

A GT1030 is almost certainly possible. I think it's capability is somewhat near the ryzen 2200G. I3-2100 is a relatively good processor, I think you could usefully use a stronger card.

Look at tom's gpu hierarchy chart for a relative ranking of graphics cards:
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gpu-hierarchy,4388.html

Reactions: Metal Messiah.