[SOLVED] Cheap graphics card

republicgamer01

Prominent
Jan 21, 2020
I find that gpus from Galax(or KFA2) are cheaper than the other Manufacturers. Are there any compromises I make by buying them?

Solution
Good question. I'm not familiar with Galax because they do not sell in the U.S.

But I can tell you they are probably much like all the other board partners in that each board partner makes cheap models, and they are all the same for the most part. They also make mid-range models and high-end models and several in between. Cheap models will have minimal cooling blocks and fans along with lower clock speeds. They are still going to game nearly as well as the others, but the fans might have to spin faster to keep them cool making them louder. That's probably my biggest issue with cheap models. Clock speeds are typically so close or can be overclocked making that a non-issue for the most part.

Some board partners have shorter...
Good question. I'm not familiar with Galax because they do not sell in the U.S.

But I can tell you they are probably much like all the other board partners in that each board partner makes cheap models, and they are all the same for the most part. They also make mid-range models and high-end models and several in between. Cheap models will have minimal cooling blocks and fans along with lower clock speeds. They are still going to game nearly as well as the others, but the fans might have to spin faster to keep them cool making them louder. That's probably my biggest issue with cheap models. Clock speeds are typically so close or can be overclocked making that a non-issue for the most part.

Some board partners have shorter warranties also, like Zotac in the U.S. has 2 year warranty whereas EVGA and others have 3 year standard warranty.

Reactions: republicgamer01
Solution