Question cheap headset mic problem

M2019

Reputable
Nov 14, 2019
hi guys
i bought some cheap wired headset with 3.5mm jack i think its working good for now but the problem is when i plug it into my laptop and choose "headset (with microphone ) " from the dialog box that appears when i try to use the mic there is a terrible something like a buzzing sound like the one that happens when u plug a jack in the wrong place not a background noise hope u know what i mean but when i choose it as a headphones not a headset the problem is gone but i couldn't identify if the working mic is the headset one or the internal mic in the laptop at this case i tried to lower the sounf of the mic and the boost but nothing helped

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your headset? What is the source of your audio? If it's a laptop, d you have a unified audio port whereby the audio output and mic in jack is one or are they individual jacks? If it's a desktop, which ports are you working with? On the rear or the front panel ports?

Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard, make sure you're on the latest drivers for your sound card.

M2019

Reputable
Nov 14, 2019
Make and model of your headset? What is the source of your audio? If it's a laptop, d you have a unified audio port whereby the audio output and mic in jack is one or are they individual jacks? If it's a desktop, which ports are you working with? On the rear or the front panel ports?

Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard, make sure you're on the latest drivers for your sound card.
headset giga max gm530 my laptop has a unified port for both audio and mic and yes i have latest bios update and lastest audio driver my laptop is old its dell 15r 5537