Cheap laptop that can play Sims 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hi, I'm looking for as cheap as possible a laptop to play sims 3 on, and do my uni work on.

1. What is your budget?

£200-300, could possibly stretch as high as £450 if I wait a couple of months.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

Not bothered.

3. What screen resolution do you want?

Im not too bothered, as long as it's more than 600x800

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

Needs to be portable so I can take it to the library.

5. How much battery life do you need?

Not too bothered but hopefully 3 hours +

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

Sims 3, possibly with expansions? Long shot I know. Medium, but I'd be ok with low I guess.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)

Watching movies, surfing the web, word processing.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

Enough space for sims 3 and a few documents.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

None

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

A year or so.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

DVD

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

Not bothered.

13. What country do you live in?

United Kingdom

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

You'll have an issue with Sims 3 on a low-end laptop. Even though it's a casual game, it wants a fast CPU and a pretty good video card to run well. I don't know what's offered in the UK, but you'd need to spend about $600 US to get a laptop to play games.

Don't get a cheap laptop just because it's cheap, you can't upgrade them. Get whatever you need to run for the next several years comfortably. Spending $400 on something that can't run what you want, means you will spend another $600 later to upgrade it.

G

I had a feeling that might be the case, according to the converter $600 is around £372, so may have to wait a while, I was planning on getting a decent laptop when I found a steady job, but needed a laptop or notebook or something to do my coursework on in the interim as I'm away from home alot and thought it would be nice to be able to play sims as well. Guess it was too big a dream... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.