[SOLVED] Cheap liquid Vs air

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Deathstrike1987

Prominent
Apr 10, 2019
I have a cheap Alaska liquid cooler (£30) and would it be better for me when I upgrade to get a new air cooler or would the Alaska one be any good? I don't have the page but it kept my FX 8320 at 70c while gaming. I am upgrading to a Ryzen 5 2600x with 8x2 GB off 3200mhz ram (if they is anything I can improve please tell me

Solution
Would this cooler be any good I have only ever know antec for their cases https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071DJMPVR?tag=pcp0f-21&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1
I don't see any reviews or anything. It's probably bad for a 360mm but it's definitely better than either of the other options here. For the price, though, I would actually suggest getting a high end air cooler like the Noctua NH-D15 or the BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4. Both of which will probably outperform that 360mm.
There's also the NH D15S if you worry about ram clearance, which is basically an NH-D15 but without the front fan. And the NH D14 if you don't want such a large heatsink.
If your case can't accommodate such a large tower cooler, or you just don't like how it...