[SOLVED] Cheap mobo .Thermal throttling

INeedSerotonin

Prominent
Aug 25, 2019
Well first of all plz don't say go to ryzen ..I would if I had the money .But I'm a uni student away from home and rent is more important to me than my PC. I'll probably upgrade in april and save some money for my summer vacations too .Anyway I have a pretty cheap mobo, even for a fx , a biostar a960d v2+ mobo (from what I've read in the forums a bad mobo but ig that is the first build mistakes) .Anyway I recently swapped my fx 6300 for a 8150 so I can play bf v conquest decently (medium settings 60+fps.achievable with a rx 470 8gb and 16gb ram) and I would if the mobo wasn't thermal throttling .So what could be a good underclock/undervolt for the cpu. I also heard about heatsinks on mosfets work too.will these be any good?
https://www.skroutz.gr/products/sho...TomOpA73fxIrDfkTzg==&from=api/skroutz_android (yeah ik they are for rasberry pi but if they work ,they work)

Solution
First mistake:
fx 6300 for a 8150
with your board, you should've stuck with the 6300 alone and just saved the money for a brand new Ryzen build.

I wouldn't drop any more money on the platform, instead make sure that you've got a fan pointed at the VRM area to cool that mosfet, although you shouldn't have gone for the 8150, to begin with. People who have worked with a motherboard that's somewhat close to supporting the 8000 series of FX processors from AMD struggled, so you won't fair any better with a mediocre board.

b20151221_1.jpg

Can you please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Lutfij

Titan
First mistake:
fx 6300 for a 8150
with your board, you should've stuck with the 6300 alone and just saved the money for a brand new Ryzen build.

I wouldn't drop any more money on the platform, instead make sure that you've got a fan pointed at the VRM area to cool that mosfet, although you shouldn't have gone for the 8150, to begin with. People who have worked with a motherboard that's somewhat close to supporting the 8000 series of FX processors from AMD struggled, so you won't fair any better with a mediocre board.

b20151221_1.jpg

CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Solution

INeedSerotonin

Prominent
Aug 25, 2019
First mistake:
fx 6300 for a 8150

b20151221_1.jpg

CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Yeah sure
CPU: AMD FX 8150
MOBO: Biostar A960D V2+
GPU: XFX RX 470 8GB
RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
PSU: Thermaltake Smart SE 530W Semi-Modular
CASE: Innovator Daybreak
SSD: Intenso High Performance 120GB
HDD: Samsung 500GB 2.5'' Sata II 5400rpm
+Seagate Barracuda 500gb Sata III 7200
+(Toshiba Canvio Basics 1TB Portable External Hard Drive)
COOLER: Be Quiet Pure Rock Slim

Btw a bag of 30 heatsinks costs 2.30€ straight from China and it is proved that it helps a lot with thermal throttling .

INeedSerotonin

Prominent
Aug 25, 2019
Yeah sure
CPU: AMD FX 8150
MOBO: Biostar A960D V2+
GPU: XFX RX 470 8GB
RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
PSU: Thermaltake Smart SE 530W Semi-Modular
CASE: Innovator Daybreak
SSD: Intenso High Performance 120GB
HDD: Samsung 500GB 2.5'' Sata II 5400rpm
+Seagate Barracuda 500gb Sata III 7200
+(Toshiba Canvio Basics 1TB Portable External Hard Drive)
COOLER: Be Quiet Pure Rock Slim

Btw a bag of 30 heatsinks costs 2.30€ straight from China and it is proved that it helps a lot with thermal throttling .
oh and i have two 120mm fans with the case.one exhaust and one that pulls air .ill probably order some more cheap red fans too.