[SOLVED] Cheap monitor will do the trick for gaming?! and Freesync question.

Solution
it says in the spec down below that it supports amd freesync.

does it matter at all at these 75hz if i have freesync\vsync\gsync? also the 1660super should pass these 75FPS all day, so does it matter?
Ah yes it does say Freesync.

Freesync and G-SYNC are technologies that get your monitor to reach a higher refresh rate range, like 75hz, 144hz, 260hz.. etc, while V-Sync is a setting in games that lock the frame to your monitor's refresh rate, though you might wanna disable that setting if it hinders your experience.
If a monitor has one of these 2 technologies, then you can enable them to reach the advertised refresh rate, which would be 75hz in this monitor and will result in a smoother picture.

Both syncs work on Nvidia...
May 9, 2020
It looks decent with good image quality and 75hz refresh rate.
You can get a 144hz monitor for the same price but probably with lower image quality panel like TN or VA, since they tend to prioritize faster response times.

Nvidia cards support AMD Freesync, just enable it through Nvidia Control Panel.

Reactions: mohitooo
May 6, 2020
It looks decent with good image quality and 75hz refresh rate.
You can get a 144hz monitor for the same price but probably with lower image quality panel like TN or VA, since they tend to prioritize faster response times.

Nvidia cards support AMD Freesync, just enable it through Nvidia Control Panel.

you think it should work fine?
i heard there are issues with some monitors.
also, it needs to be over displayport, correct?

May 9, 2020
you think it should work fine?
i heard there are issues with some monitors.
also, it needs to be over displayport, correct?
I can't seem to find reviews on this particular monitor so I can't really say. But from the specs, it has Displayport, maximum rate of 75hz, and IPS panel.
However, It doesn't mention Freesync or G-SYNC technology in it, so I'm not sure how you can achieve that 75hz, maybe through the Displayport?

Anyway, If you want a more safer choice, you can look for one with Freesync/G-SYNC and some reviews on it.

May 6, 2020
I can't seem to find reviews on this particular monitor so I can't really say. But from the specs, it has Displayport, maximum rate of 75hz, and IPS panel.
However, It doesn't mention Freesync or G-SYNC technology in it, so I'm not sure how you can achieve that 75hz, maybe through the Displayport?

Anyway, If you want a more safer choice, you can look for one with Freesync/G-SYNC and some reviews on it.

does it matter at all at these 75hz if i have freesync\vsync\gsync? also the 1660super should pass these 75FPS all day, so does it matter?

May 9, 2020

Ah yes it does say Freesync.

Freesync and G-SYNC are technologies that get your monitor to reach a higher refresh rate range, like 75hz, 144hz, 260hz.. etc, while V-Sync is a setting in games that lock the frame to your monitor's refresh rate, though you might wanna disable that setting if it hinders your experience.
If a monitor has one of these 2 technologies, then you can enable them to reach the advertised refresh rate, which would be 75hz in this monitor and will result in a smoother picture.

Both syncs work on Nvidia cards, and yours is good enough to get past 75hz assuming your PC is recently built. So, it seems this is an overall great monitor and you can make use of all its features without any issue.

Solution