Question Cheap monitor?

sodium.in.toilet

Commendable
Nov 21, 2018
I've been looking at buying a gigabyte g32qc for a long time. Before christmas it was $320 now its $360 but I just found it on some website I've never heard of for $99. Can anybody check out this site and see if theres anything sketchy going on? Worst case scenario I can dispute the charge.

sodium.in.toilet

Commendable
Nov 21, 2018
I've been looking at buying a gigabyte g32qc for a long time. Before christmas it was $320 now its $360 but I just found it on some website I've never heard of for $99. Can anybody check out this site and see if theres anything sketchy going on? Worst case scenario I can dispute the charge.

I just found the same thing on 2 other websites that are exactly the same but with different names

I'm going to say this is definitely a scam

Gam3r01

Titan
That domain was registered less than 2 months ago, selling a product at essentially 1/4 price.
So no, its almost certainly not legit.

You can dispute the charge, but are you willing to cancel your entire account if any banking info gets stolen in the process? Would you feel comfortable giving out your address to them as well?

That would be a hard pass from me.

Reactions: sodium.in.toilet

sodium.in.toilet

Commendable
Nov 21, 2018
That domain was registered less than 2 months ago, selling a product at essentially 1/4 price.
So no, its almost certainly not legit.

You can dispute the charge, but are you willing to cancel your entire account if any banking info gets stolen in the process? Would you feel comfortable giving out your address to them as well?

That would be a hard pass from me.
I think they would be pretty disappointed if they stole my bank info lol. But yes definitely not going to fall for it, I didnt even know you could look up and see how long ago the domain was created. I also noticed everything on the site was $99 and on the FAQ the answer to all of the questions was the same paragraph of some google translate english. It's sad that google is even advertising that. I found it by going to shopping on google and looking through all of the stores, it was up there with bestbuy and amazon.

Gam3r01

Titan
I think they would be pretty disappointed if they stole my bank info lol. But yes definitely not going to fall for it, I didnt even know you could look up and see how long ago the domain was created. I also noticed everything on the site was $99 and on the FAQ the answer to all of the questions was the same paragraph of some google translate english. It's sad that google is even advertising that. I found it by going to shopping on google and looking through all of the stores, it was up there with bestbuy and amazon.
You can potentially report that to google, request it gets removed from their algorithm.

Reactions: sodium.in.toilet

ASK THE COMMUNITY