Question Cheap Motherboard compatible with Ryzen 3 3200g

May 20, 2020
Hi!

Recently I've been finishing searching for parts so I could upgrade one really crappy pc I have for cheap, and wanted to go with the Ryzen 3 3200g with Vega 8 Graphics since I've heard a lot of good things about this APU, plus 8gb of RAM.

I started looking for the motherboard and started encountering some problems, I first wanted to go with the GA-A320M-S2H from Gigabyte, since it was around $50-$60 bucks and it seemed like a nice motherboard. Until I read that apparently in order to use the 3200g I apparently need to update the BIOS by using another CPU that's compatible, to which I can't since this is my first AM4 build.

I then found out about the A320M-A PRO from MSI and decided to choose this one since on Amazon's product description it says clearly it's "compatible with 1st, 2nd & 3rd gen AMD Ryzen for Socket AM4" which led me to decide on buying this one as soon as I can, but recently I started reading the Q&A section of the amazon page and searched for my CPU and a chunk of people said that the BIOS needs to be updated, which is confusing the helllllllll out of me.

And now I'm here asking for some help on this, do ya'll know any AM4 motherboard that supports the Ryzen 3 3200g?

Thanks in advance,
Ale

BlueCat57

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
I'm guessing you have a computer repair store or a friend that might have a CPU you could use to update the BIOS/UEFI.

Or there may be some workaround that you can do with that CPU installed. Maybe download the BIOS onto a thumb drive and then load it when you boot. I really don't know, but there is usually some way to do things.